skimming over artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col27

hi lads

im skimming a ceiling next week, havnt been doin plasterin for long so ive never skimmed over artex! the guy artex it his self a few years ago and fook me its a bodge. obviously i scrape the big bits off. but dont know how many coats of pva! the last thing i want is plaster to be goin off like a clappers. any tips plz
nice 1, col

Overboard it, would be better other than that wba or two coats of pva.Is that the answer you were looking for.

give it one and see how it goes. it depends if its been painted etc. if it sucks straight in give it another coat. if it sits there then you know youll be ok with one coat

hollybank said:
Overboard it, would be better other than that wba or two coats of pva.Is that the answer you were looking for.

£100 quid says hes allready priced it for skim only!

steve cov said:
give it one and see how it goes. it depends if its been painted etc. if it sucks straight in give it another coat. if it sits there then you know youll be ok with one coat

Correct!

My son came round the other day and asked me to skim one of his kids bedrooms i asked him about the ceilings and he said it was Artex on skim just got a scraper behind it and it all came of i mentioned to him about Asbestos in the Artex,something i dont take to serious myself but as it was my grandkids room i thought i would mention it, well that realy shocked him as he didnt know and said the kids were breaking it up As he was taking it of the ceiling and bagging it up! Only time will tell.

lucius said:
My son came round the other day and asked me to skim one of his kids bedrooms i asked him about the ceilings and he said it was Artex on skim just got a scraper behind it and it all came of i mentioned to him about Asbestos in the Artex,something i dont take to serious myself but as it was my grandkids room i thought i would mention it, well that realy shocked him as he didnt know and said the kids were breaking it up As he was taking it of the ceiling and bagging it up! Only time will tell.
thats the thing had to knock of highlights on me little grandaughters bedroom ceiling to fix up cove ,plastic decorators sheets over her cot and the hundreds of other bits and bobs then clean dust sheets over the lot then hours hovering up [i aint taking no chances with her]

Status
Not open for further replies.