skimming over an old ceiling?????????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkum

i have another job coming up soon where i have to skim over an old ceiling! yeh not to complicated i know but it has i assume a either led based or lime based paint (the property is about 1900's) now i would not normally panic but not too long ago i did four ceilings and they all came down!!!! doh i used thistle bond it for those then after they came down used pva but i am now worried that it will happen again.....i was wondering whats the answer or is it just one off those thing where it might happen or might not??? i realise that it could be down to what ever has been painted on has not adhered to the last coat and then the weight/moisture of the fresh plaster has caused it to separate, but i was just after any ideas to limit tee chances of it happening again and having to try to explain to the customer !!!! oh and hello i am new to the forum!!! lot of love donkum!

Explain to the customer just what might happen, and that you can't be blamed for that. You'll prolly use 2 x 25kg bags and two buckets of water on an average ceiling...thats a LOT of weight on old plaster really.

Then offer the solution of overboarding and say just how much the extra expense will be worth it in the long run...

as the aussies say......."is that fair dinkum donkum"...............:RpS_thumbup:
And welcome to the forum marra

WHAT a Man Airborne!! i'll give that a go as i can't overboard it. due to the fancy coveing..... but thanks for the million suggestion to overboard.. also thanks for the welcome.
and while i am here whats everyones views on stilts? i am sick of kicking a crate around and have always fancied giving them a bash..??:RpS_thumbup:

well got them today!!! sky walkers natural motion...... the bloke in tp tried them on fell over!!! i got home walking round the garden the kids thought it was ace.... i feel over !!! but yeh i think there going to pay for them selves!!!

i don't need a gun i got a donk.... but donk was taken as a user name so i got donkum!

well got them today!!! sky walkers natural motion...... the bloke in tp tried them on fell over!!! i got home walking round the garden the kids thought it was ace.... i feel over !!! but yeh i think there going to pay for them selves!!!

i don't need a gun i got a donk.... but donk was taken as a user name so i got donkum!

Well I hope you didn't get the mk11s as they're horrible.
Oh by the way are you donk off the cemex fishing forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.