Skimming for a renderer

Members online

BigBish

Ok so ive been rendering 8 year nearly 9, started with mono but since have become fairly decent with thin coats, ocr and even done a few lyme jobs with good results.

I keep getting skimming work offered, and im considering learning to spread internals for when the weathers s**t.

Ive done a couple jobs at home, first coat, sponge, spatch, second coat same followed by a trowel up.

Looks good to the layman, mrs was well happy but I know you lot would rip the s**t out the lids ive done. ( find lids easier somehow )

How should I go about learning properly with out f**k**g other peoples houses up.

Would a speed skim work better than a spatch ? Or same principle.

Im so used to laying on 15mm i ended with a 6mm plaster ffs. Also meshed the first pass instead of scrim.

God help me

Ok so ive been rendering 8 year nearly 9, started with mono but since have become fairly decent with thin coats, ocr and even done a few lyme jobs with good results.

I keep getting skimming work offered, and im considering learning to spread internals for when the weathers s**t.

Ive done a couple jobs at home, first coat, sponge, spatch, second coat same followed by a trowel up.

Looks good to the layman, mrs was well happy but I know you lot would rip the s**t out the lids ive done. ( find lids easier somehow )

How should I go about learning properly with out f**k**g other peoples houses up.

Would a speed skim work better than a spatch ? Or same principle.

Im so used to laying on 15mm i ended with a 6mm plaster ffs. Also meshed the first pass instead of scrim.

God help me
Good move IMO
Rendering is tough if your solo , did the same , no regrets
Practice on mates rates

1571411609535.png
1571411609535.png

Haha. I should have known you lot would just take the piss.

Mates rates practise sounds good. Or i could just keep on plastering my house until the rooms too small to walk in.

It was an old (70 plus) irish plasterer who showed me the sponge thing. Is it just a cheat for s**t spreads ?

Bish
Gear on
Lay in
Flatten straight away (no water at all)
Flatten again and tidy up edges (no water at all)
Flick round again tiny brush at edge but no water on gear as a whole
Tbf you could leave it there with board finish it’s done

Bish
Gear on
Lay in
Flatten straight away (no water at all)
Flatten again and tidy up edges (no water at all)
Flick round again tiny brush at edge but no water on gear as a whole
Tbf you could leave it there with board finish it’s done
So how do you tidy edges with no water clever git