Skimming external curve

Members online

Cornelius

IMG_3447.JPG
skimming over quite a sharp curve, was just wondering what the best ways to approach it normally I use flex trowel and a bit of plastic to run up it? If anyone else does them differently please let me know, hoping for a nifty little idea that I've not seen done before, thankyou please

Bit of plastic I mean just a bit of membrane or similar and wrapping around the curve and running it up over the skim

Its all in the angle of your stroke . when you bring the trowel onto the curve in a horizontal movement try and bring it up on the diagonal reducing the angle of blade .work your way down like this. Hope that makes sense, if not just use a bit of plastic.:confused:

Its all in the angle of your stroke . when you bring the trowel onto the curve in a horizontal movement try and bring it up on the diagonal reducing the angle of blade .work your way down like this. Hope that makes sense, if not just use a bit of plastic.:confused:
Can you put that on a voice mail in a husky voice

To be honest I like doing these corners and they look good when finished but I always like to coat them out with easifill and sand them to make it that much better :-( That makes me a bad person I know :-(

To be honest I like doing these corners and they look good when finished but I always like to coat them out with easifill and sand them to make it that much better :-( That makes me a bad person I know :-(
Philistine:buitre:

I.d get that with with steel. Did one where they wanted breast boarding but corners round . So i boarded it leaving boards short . Rounded corners with bonding. Wrapped scrim round corners n skimmed it . Came up a treaat

What makes those trowels more preferable to a normal plazzi old bean? If I make an order today I could get it for Saturday (y)

It's some sort of science or it could be some form of magic or witchcraft or maybe its the positive particle vibrations , I do know they work a lot better then they look like there going to.
I normally hide it in the bottom of my tool box to stop the other trades laughing at me :oops:.

Some might say they work a bit to well.
Paint that ya filthy animals :frenetico:

20170522_171754.jpg
20170522_171730.jpg

It's some sort of science or it could be some form of magic or witchcraft or maybe its the positive particle vibrations , I do know they work a lot better then they look like there going to.
I normally hide it in the bottom of my tool box to stop the other trades laughing at me :oops:.

View attachment 19531View attachment 19532

Woo hoo. Decoratormon gonna fetch you some good lovin when he catch up wit yo ass.

hqdefault.jpg

What makes those trowels more preferable to a normal plazzi old bean? If I make an order today I could get it for Saturday (y)

Just borrow mine bud, try before you buy . When's the job? I can leave in a bucket on my drive......next to a trail of sweeties....just follow the sweeties

Just borrow mine bud, try before you buy . When's the job? I can leave in a bucket on my drive......next to a trail of sweeties....just follow the sweeties
:) The job is Saturday mate if I could borrow it that would be great cheers (y)

That looks like a 3/4" (ish) radius corner correct? Most of our corners are bullnose and I run external corner tools on them. I have a few different radius ones and they do great.

For 3/4 I use this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008...lnose+tool&dpPl=1&dpID=31AKCDEI3EL&ref=plSrch

If you need something different you could give this a try. It has a lot of options.

http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/Corner-Bead-Finishing-Tools/Pocket-Hound-Drywall-Finisher.html

The doorway pic has 3/4 radius corner. Hope it's visible.

Attachments

• 20170824_153613.jpg
    20170824_153613.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 227
That looks like a 3/4" (ish) radius corner correct? Most of our corners are bullnose and I run external corner tools on them. I have a few different radius ones and they do great.

For 3/4 I use this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008...lnose+tool&dpPl=1&dpID=31AKCDEI3EL&ref=plSrch

If you need something different you could give this a try. It has a lot of options.

http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/Corner-Bead-Finishing-Tools/Pocket-Hound-Drywall-Finisher.html

That's ideal isn't it, it would be handy to have a collection of those trowels for when the need arises, the little hand held thing would be useful aswell

I agree with @beader it's how you angle and glide your trowel around the bullnose or curve. I love doing them but i love anything with curves. Especially milfs oooooooo I love a curvy milf me !!! Right cold shower time but not with those two blokes in the other pic licking grouting ffs :rolleyes:

For 3/4 I use this.

Looks lovley that mate

View attachment 19531View attachment 19532
Ohhhh, that has just cured my 'licking window addiction' - now I've just got to find a shiny smooth wall like that.