Skimming done recently

Members online

Orangemachineman

image.jpg
image.jpg
hear are some pictures of some of some plastering I had done last week by a guy that has been plastering for ten years!
This is what £4m2 gets you in Devon!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 380
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 438
I can't see how anyone who's been doing it for 10 years can think that's acceptable.

10yrs or 10mnts doesn't make a jot of difference in this instance....its just someone that obviously doesn't care or give a fook!!!

I'd go mental!!!

I always never understand how you get other people to do work for you and end okay, not a dig I just never been able to make it work

That is absolutely shocking for £2.50 a m2 let alone for £4 a m2 you could take your time a bit more and get it f**k**g bang on for that rate..

I always never understand how you get other people to do work for you and end okay, not a dig I just never been able to make it work
I've had gangs sub for me for donkeys and as a rule there's minimal problems
I let a guy have a house who came recommended by a friend
He's been plastering ten years

Just embarrassing to say the least , you'd have to have a set of balls or be delusional to ask to be paid for that.

Yep full of chancers down here mate. I've been through so many subbies, not worth the ball ache!!! Just take on less and up the prices !

Who the hell recommended them?! They need a talking to. I can honestly say my apprentices first attempt was far better. We all get stung time to time. Like kitchy said there are plenty that think they are the dogs b*ll***s but in truth are absolute garbage

Last edited:
Who the hell recommended them?! They need a talking to. I can honestly say my apprentices first attempt was far better. We all get stung time to time. Like kitchy said there are plenty that think they are the bogs b*ll***s but in truth are absolute garbage
Most of them dont know wat a gud finish looks like..and wen I say gud I mean a standard finish which is nearly impossible to find som1 to do ur other works..we have got a 2 story extension nxt week and we havnt got time to do it at all but its been booked in a month so we are having to pull off job we are on now which we don't want to but I dont trust any1 else to do it..

What's the point of subbing out I don't get it
If you can't do the work what's the point of getting it trying to get someone "good" in ..no "good" plasterer is going to work for someone else..sorry but I think it's crazy.
Plasterers are lone wolfs or 2 ,never seen a pack of 4 or more that are loyal.

wow. I've gone over work like that before, full rooms of it. Fingers burnt first time I recall. Didn't realise until I started ripping out all the beads and chipping away at it just how much time it was going to take me. Now I put a mither charge on if faced with that s**t.

wow. I've gone over work like that before, full rooms of it. Fingers burnt first time I recall. Didn't realise until I started ripping out all the beads and chipping away at it just how much time it was going to take me. Now I put a mither charge on if faced with that s**t.
Alright Jess! Good to see you back. How's work going?

What's the point of subbing out I don't get it
If you can't do the work what's the point of getting it trying to get someone "good" in ..no "good" plasterer is going to work for someone else..sorry but I think it's crazy.
Plasterers are lone wolfs or 2 ,never seen a pack of 4 or more that are loyal.
Agree with this, can't get my head round subbing stuff out. Your either busy so they have to wait or they get someone else.