skimming buckets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wickes sell 75 litre flexible tubs for £10 but these will only hold 2 bags.
Next best thing is probably a plasterers bath or bite the bullet and buy a large bucket from refina.
I would have thought a hollywood plasterer mixing 4 bags at a time would easily be able to buy any tub on the market. You must be making a fortune.

some on here use an 8 ton skip....... personally, I use the Refina.. not that expensive and they last..

anybody know where i can get good skimming buckets ? to hold three or four bags at a time. refina seem a bit expensive for a bucket ??

D.R Plastering - Call now on 07875390281
These are identical to the refina ones 3 and a bit bags.
wouldn't bother with anything bigger than the 75ltr there too deep otherwise you'll need a paddle extension.

View attachment 4038

Ref: RM75B Tapered Moulded Bin (75 Litre) with Integral Handle | Plastic Containers, Plastic Crates, Plastic Boxes & Storage Equipment

iv seen plasterers use the large flexible tubs. and get 3 bags in there and scoop it out with a saucepan never seen anyone knock up 4 bags at once

oh.. sure one or two will tell you they do pal..lol... in reality, its all dependent how many plasterers are using these big mixes, and if you have a labourer or mix yourself, type of jobs your doing... before the refina buckets, I used the gorilla tubs...

What I don't understand is how I can pick up very freely on eBay a 70l mixing tub with handles but it's got holes in it for 8.50 and you grow potatoes in it yet an equivalent bucket sold for plastering minus the holes would cost 20-30 quid?

Not sure what the refina bucket costs, but its not fortunes... lasts for ever... dont know what size mine is, but it will easily take 2 bags..

Think either refina / plastor have reduced somewhere @cassie .... the message off the latter said delivery was £17 and it took it a few quid over Refina's when I last looked (which was months ago when scottie messaged me the link)

Last edited by a moderator:
Think either refina / plastor have reduced somewhere @cassie .... the message off the latter said delivery was £17 and it took it a few quid over Refina's when I last looked (which was months ago when scottie messaged me the link)

have a look on refina website pal, there on there, different sizes...

When I messaged them Scottie they were slightly dearer than the Refina ones - delivery was double refina's

I ordered 2 75ltr at 40.10 each (inc vat)+ £15.00 next day delivery.
95.00 for 2.
From refina They are 60.00 Each (inc vat) + del.
Which would make them cheaper then refinas.

are these better than the flexi tubs ? / worth the money. ? no one has claimed on this thread to be doing three bags alone.

Worth every penny, you can stand your whisk up in them without having to gauge up against a wall unlike a gorilla tub, they are easier to scrape out. they dont splash all over the place like the flexi tubs even if your only knocking a small mix up.
And you never have to pick out all those little yellow plastic slivers from your skim like you do with a gorilla tub.
Its far easier to keep a much cleaner work area with one of these.
Each to their own I suppose but they work for me.

Worth every penny, you can stand your whisk up in them without having to gauge up against a wall unlike a gorilla tub, they are easier to scrape out. they dont splash all over the place like the flexi tubs even if your only knocking a small mix up.
And you never have to pick out all those little yellow plastic slivers from your skim like you do with a gorilla tub.
Its far easier to keep a much cleaner work area with one of these.
Each to their own I suppose but they work for me.

sounds good scottie less mess on domestic jobs. and more bags on big jobs.

Problem with all those dustbins rhys is the none of them have snag free bottoms,
you can't scrape them out or wash them properly. Also there very thin and would last 2mins.
The others are 4mm hdpe and will last pretty much for ever.

Fairy snuff.. Maybe someone should invent a chuckaway liner so you could use them to knock up skim :rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.