Skimming Buckets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos

Private Member
I have been pricing up a few bits I need to replace in the new year. Anyone used the tall 30L buckets from Wicks on the website £5 a pop???????

What they like????

The ones I use at the min are the ones the tanking we use come in but they a bit crap and crack and split real easy.

Narrow so awkwardish to fish skim out with a bucket trowel (if they are the same ones that the merchents do). We use a ligga and frame (spot board) wherever possible anyway.

Ah see what you mean. Don't want to be getting skim all up your arm..........:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah always use a spot where poss............:RpS_wink:

You can get a bucket trowel in but if it drops in the mix the handle gets blathered in shoite. The top opening is the same size as a black bucket.

Whats the quality of the wicks ones???????

Dunno mate, we use the ones from our merchents at around 12 to 14 quid. Bang and screw ones are the same bucket so for a fiver it's worth a look I guess.

And all setting at the same time - Hope you have a biiiig trowel and looooong arms :RpS_lol:

Yep.
Why not mix 3 separate buckets as you need them?

Always working on nice soft gear then...no need to run around like a blue arsed fly :RpS_biggrin:

Wickes ones are good :RpS_thumbsup:

got a wickes on the other week mate there fine nothing wrong with them only used it for a little while so cnt say how hard wearing it is yet, only thing is it only just takes over a bag of multi

i use them buckets. The only problem i get is the bucket trowel catches the handle of the bucket as you scoop it out. But if your using a board, then it don't really matter. Rubber buckets are ok, my mate wont use anything else, but i always find that it can be chucked up the wall if your not carefull, and if there s a tiny lump on the floor it pushes the bucket up a bit, and can wear through, and not mix properly in the very bottom. I have about 4 of them, one i use for washing out in, as you fill it half way, and whizz you drill round and it clean, no water going everywhere.

i use them buckets. The only problem i get is the bucket trowel catches the handle of the bucket as you scoop it out. But if your using a board, then it don't really matter. Rubber buckets are ok, my mate wont use anything else, but i always find that it can be chucked up the wall if your not carefull, and if there s a tiny lump on the floor it pushes the bucket up a bit, and can wear through, and not mix properly in the very bottom. I have about 4 of them, one i use for washing out in, as you fill it half way, and whizz you drill round and it clean, no water going everywhere.

Thats why I like the taller buckets, I do mostly domestic work so the taller buckets are better for me as less splashes when mixing and washing the drill.........:RpS_wink:

This bucket talk is making me firm! Here's a tip when ya bucket gets caked up with skim leave it submerged in a water butt overnight, comes out like new with a quick brush down.

They don't make them like they used to....................here's some of Henry's

imgres6_zps37dc814e.jpg

The Wickes buckets look ok for the money,mixing in a tall bucket you dont put so much air in the mix so you you get a slower set, i dont know this but read it on here once.

the wickes tall buckets are pretty strong, have used them for mixing up ballast to fill some driveways before and they hold up just dont go bashing them to release stuck on dry gear.

the wickes tall buckets are pretty strong, have used them for mixing up ballast to fill some driveways before and they hold up just dont go bashing them to release stuck on dry gear.

Why would you let gear go hard in your buckets???????????????

I've never seen anybody use anything but buckets down here. Everything goes off too quick on a board. I bought some nice lilac coloured buckets a few weeks ago. I figured they would be less likely to get pinched.

I've never seen anybody use anything but buckets down here. Everything goes off too quick on a board. I bought some nice lilac coloured buckets a few weeks ago. I figured they would be less likely to get pinched.

Did they have a notice on the bottom that said 'if you are bending over to read this, then brace yourself!' :RpS_laugh:

hi lads, for large areas you can't beat a garden dustbin, you can get 5 bags of skim in :RpS_wink:
better be quick !
3 bags mix in plastic tub is always more efficient than 1 bag a bucket..
plastic shovel to scoop out of dustbin before you ask how you lift it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.