Skimming Buckets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old thread revival again. May as well put wheelie bin in the van. Probably mix at least ten bags in at once. Then use my super human strength to pick it up and pour it onto the 3 sq/M spot board I carry in my pocket.

Old thread revival again. May as well put wheelie bin in the van. Probably mix at least ten bags in at once. Then use my super human strength to pick it up and pour it onto the 3 sq/M spot board I carry in my pocket.

Like it

Wickes plaster mixing buckets are very good
the two that I got are coming upto 12montys old and still going strong!
i work out of the bucket and to get mix out of bottom I simple tilt the bucket over!!
£5 aswell, can't go wrong!!

Rj hardware do good buckets. I put a bit of ply on the bottom to stop anything going through the plastic.

It will mix up to 2 bags. You don't always need two but one bag to first coat is never enough and you loose 5-10 mins mixing the next one.

Got a few of the wickes ones that have lasted an age ... just wish they were abit bigger like the ones from r and j .... might try one of those .

Tried a 45L black gorilla style tub from refina.... a lot stronger than normal gorilla tubs - good for the money imo

one bag and a bit is plenty on your own... 5 bags..lmao... i once mixed in an 8 ton skip... brilliant managed to get 120 bags in...

Been meaning to grab one of the tall buckets for ages we always used to use them with a spot. The last spread I worked with only used the tubs and bucket trowel so sort of converted but find they are a little messier mixing. For a fiver I'll grab a couple can never have too many buckets!

Been meaning to grab one of the tall buckets for ages we always used to use them with a spot. The last spread I worked with only used the tubs and bucket trowel so sort of converted but find they are a little messier mixing. For a fiver I'll grab a couple can never have too many buckets!

Get down your local swimming pool.....most of them get their chlorine delivered in large thick plastic tubs , great for skimming and last longer :RpS_thumbsup:

Cheers for that I'll give that a go is a right pain finding decent buckets some of them seem to fall apart before you even get them on the van!

Cheers for that I'll give that a go is a right pain finding decent buckets some of them seem to fall apart before you even get them on the van!

I've got a beauty, holds 2 and a half bags, had it for years. Got 3 or 4 chlorine tubs, they hold a good bag and a half. Another tip , some curry houses buy ghee in large tubs which are great for skimming. Also large bakers buy fillings in similar tubs. Just pop in and ask.

I probably sound like a tight arse but it's not about cost. Purpose made skim tubs are too narrow at the opening if you work out the tub , also the tubs like chlorine, ghee etc are made from very thick durable plastic, last for years.

Bucket geek....:razz:

The collomix ones are pretty much indestructible. A wee bit wider than the standard tall mixing bucket, But cost a fair bit more. I use these ones as they last no matter how much stick you give em

I've got a beauty, holds 2 and a half bags, had it for years. Got 3 or 4 chlorine tubs, they hold a good bag and a half. Another tip , some curry houses buy ghee in large tubs which are great for skimming. Also large bakers buy fillings in similar tubs. Just pop in and ask.

I probably sound like a tight arse but it's not about cost. Purpose made skim tubs are too narrow at the opening if you work out the tub , also the tubs like chlorine, ghee etc are made from very thick durable plastic, last for years.

Bucket geek....:razz:

come on fela wheres the pics???:RpS_drool::RpS_love:

you know the saying without pics it never happened!!!!:flapper:

here you go my lover :RpS_thumbsup:

lol....that's mega mate!!! just imagining you walking out to van on drive and taking photos of yer buckets on drive and nosey neighbours catching yer in act!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

p.s its a beut!!!:RpS_blushing::RpS_love::RpS_drool:

lol....that's mega mate!!! just imagining you walking out to van on drive and taking photos of yer buckets on drive and nosey neighbours catching yer in act!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

p.s its a beut!!!:RpS_blushing::RpS_love::RpS_drool:

lol Ive lost the belt to my dressing gown, im not long out of the shower, I thought to myself "Im not getting dressed just to take a photo of my Skim tub for a man I dont really know on an internet forum" so yes my c0ck was dangling whilst I took that photo. I feel like we've bonded now :RpS_biggrin:

:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:...mega mate!!1:RpS_thumbsup:

the misus wants to know wtf im laughing at!!!...think il just lie!!!! hehehe!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

I thought I could see a half naked reflection in the mug I had convinced myself it was a trick of the light...

I was in wickes grabbing some bits and spotted the skimming buckets so for a fiver I had one they seem pretty solid for the money! Not had chance to harass the local pools and curry houses yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.