skimming brush

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1976

Does anybody know where you could get a good skimming brush? I used to use an american brush (Gillete) great wee brush,last one i had lasted me about 2 years easy but cant get them anymore. :'( Wondering if ther any other good brushes out there! :)

some people are brushers and others are sprayers Im a sprayer.

I only use an inch brush for corners ect

Danny

brush?
as in brushing the plaster on the wall?

never heard of this.

im same as danny only use inch brush for corners, also bigger brush to splash walls etc to trowl up.

I prefer to spray, I have a pump action one, so pump up the pressure flick the switch and spray away!! about £12 from B&Q

Bonuses are that

you can control the water... no spraying the labourer in dirty water.

The fact the water is always clean

and you dont need to keep getton off your hop up.

Danny

I'm a sprayer also, Have been thinking of investing in a pump up spray, but still with b&q value ones 98p....funny, I never hesitate to spend money on any tool I fancy, but been thinking of getting a new spray since christmas and keep putting it off as they cost too much???

Dirty water flash sets the plaster(use brush), clean water second wet for cleaning of water marks and at the same time still setting the plaster, light polish job done. less water is better

shouldn't use brush on internals unless on ceiliing lines reason you will disrupte the plaster and hence have wonky internals

gavin i think you should splash out and get down to Bnq tommorow, 98 pence and three months of pondering, ive heard of keeping a tight hold of the budget but by god thats unbeleivable. if you get someone over 60 to in for you claim their 10% discount you save even more money, infact if you drop it an accidentally stand on it you may even get t for less than 50p. Then you can take it back the following week and claim it was damaged and get it replaced. i think i come from the same schools as you mate ;D

Reactions: Arm
http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/5/29/564029.001?$ukswatchlarge$
I use a pumped spray from qvc, 3 pump spray heads for a tenner, they just screw on top of a pop bottle

i brush, not done that spray thing but i cant see it being better, but im willing to try!! dont you get water all over the place by spraying??

less? how can you get less than none? im a very cleaner plasterer too be fair

I might try one and see how it goes, so whats the pump spray things then? do you have to keep pumping it every 2 mins?

Ive forgotten how to use a brush!! got the tip of these forums few years back...the sprayer I got is from b&q its a garden sprayer called a killaspray...its very hard wearing use it day in day out and you can get a very fine mist on it perfect for finishing. Its about £15 I think...couple of litres...one think I will say though is try to remember to release the pressure after each use sometimes it can be a bugger if left a while to take lid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.