Skim this?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

joet

image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this is an archway with this bullnose cast in to it and it has a v shape channel running parallel. This customer wants to keep both the bullnose and the v shape channel. So is the only option to feather up the the channel when I skim? What would you do?

just skim up to the v after youve done a coat and a trowel just run your margin brush round the inside of the v keeping it clean and neat

For the less complicated way do as @johniosaif says with tape but peel off before it sets too hard as it the tape will just rip and make a mess of your arris ! I'd freehand but that's just me depends on your experience!?? :RpS_confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could tape over it
or
just skim up to the v after youve done a coat and a trowel just run your margin brush round the inside of the v keeping it clean and neat.

or
go for mike's - feather Skim from the leg and clean off with small tool like you plaster from skirting
:RpS_blink:

just a little detail brush
i use it for when im doing reveals and skirtings everytime ive done a phase like a trowel or laid some on i run round the edges very lightly just to keep all the window frames and skirts ect clean so that when im done i am done dont need to do any cleaning just pack up tools sweep up and go

Done it today, went well apart from pissing around with the bullnose corners. Taped it and just feathered in and it looks good. Cheers lads.

You could tape over it
or
just skim up to the v after youve done a coat and a trowel just run your margin brush round the inside of the v keeping it clean and neat.

or
go for mike's - feather Skim from the leg and clean off with small tool like you plaster from skirting
This is what I think ,similar to fat arm I think

i would do what mike said but that just because im gently sucking him off all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.