Skim Plastering job in Eastern France

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i am mistaken is this work only 70m2? which would only be 6-7bags of multi which any respectable spread could do in a day so £1500 for a days work aint too bad? I would probably would wanna do it with a mate as well it would be easier then smash it out in a day and have a couple of days holiday on the piss happy days:RpS_biggrin:

Istill dont get it, yes it is a reasnable price on the face of it but that is only if some one is prepared to drive all that way and do it, if you paid for flights you would get a much better response and Lutece would cost labour wise a little bit more than multi the bit i dont get as ive said before that you cant find a local spread

Thanks for the advice. I can't find a local because they don't do flat plastering around here, it's either wallpaper or crepi. The ones that do flat plastering don't do polishing, they say it's the painters job, the decorator usually has to sand the wall down, it's not really worth it. As we want to use different colours for the paint scheme, it wouldn't work with crepi. And with paper, there are too many imperfections and a bumpy wallpaper finish isn't so great considering the high cost.

with all due respect its not £500 a day. its 2-3 days work, plus 4 days driving, plus probably a day off due to the travelling, your looking at £200 a day max

I understand your logic Nick, but if money was the issue you could've let me know and it might've worked out. We spoke at length about everything, but you left me with the impression that you were more than keen to do it and yet we didn't hear from you for a few days before you pulled out. Anyway, it doesn't matter now.

This is the living room, shows general condition of the walls

living room panorama.jpg

I understand your logic Nick, but if money was the issue you could've let me know and it might've worked out. We spoke at length about everything, but you left me with the impression that you were more than keen to do it and yet we didn't hear from you for a few days before you pulled out. Anyway, it doesn't matter now.

i didnt say money was the issue. im just saying that £500 a day is wrong. and i did explain to you my reasons and apoligise

Not that this is anything to do with me and its totally irrelevant but I wouldn't use a mt pre worn to scrape the floor let alone skim a wall.

good question beddy. a nice trip for two spreads. make it 1800 all expenses and ill sort it for ya

beddy I'm around to help out with mixing and cleaning, would consider paying a little bit more but not for 2 people. You afraid of being lonely in Geneva :RpS_crying:

Gentlemen, if you're serious about doing this in August or September then please send me a message. I'll be away from my computer for a few days but will reply to private messages.

And I'm increasing the pay for this job.

Thanks.

we can borrow render systems' van, hes got a F*****g bedroom in the back of that. paul the only reason you wouldnt wanna share is because you'd feel left out. and the smell of a s**t/cum cocktail wouldnt be too pleasant

Some grossness in this thread, lol :RpS_scared:

Anyways, I'm in touch with a plasterer who seems very professional and is keen & motivated for the job. Fingers crossed I think the search might be over...

yes Nick, I went and did it a couple of weeks ago. A long day driving there, 2 and a half days skimming in temperatures of 34C and a long day driving home. Nice job for really nice people. Never sweated so much in my life though, it took about 6 beers each night just to get re-hydrtaed! Sixth floor flat it was so beautiful views over the mountains off their balcony but altogether staright forward skimming. Took all my own multi and left a few bags there for Johnny to do his own kitchen and bathroom. I took a mate with me to help with the driving and he just went and played lots of golf whilst i was slogging my guts out in the heat!! Worked out really well, got paid, all expenses sorted and fed really well throughout the day whilst I was there.

what price did u get in the end if u dont mind me asking? did he increase it?

he did seem like a nice guy. how long was the drive? i had it at 12-14 hrs from me all in with the ferry

Yeah the price went to 1700 which was a good price really all in pounds sterling. It was fifteen hours door to door ( I am in Stratford) including the boat which wasn't too bad but the van sucked some diesel cruising at 85 with all those bags of plaster in it. Not quite so thirsty on the way home though

Status
Not open for further replies.