Skim Plastering job in Eastern France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be intreasted in doing this for you, be nice to get away for a week.....Give me a shout if you have not sorted it and would like to work something out..

All the people I've contacted aren't either a) professional enough (don't answer/call in a timely manner) or b) booked for months from now.

So the job's still open, 110m2 and probably more. Local accommodation costs covered.

Wow, in the UK I think we'd have skim plasterers coming out of our ears for this job... But over here nobody does flat skimming like the UK. They don't know how. It's either machine applied crepi or paper. Some have tried to sell us paper at the same price as some plasterers. Not having that thanks.

Out of the several plasterers who saw my skimming work before my hand got knackered all of them were genuinely impressed over the flatness & smoothness of the walls I'd managed to skim. One of them wanted to employ me (not kidding!) and another one couldn't believe that I'd done it without sanding. Over here it's the painter/decorator's job to sand plasterwork before painting. They all asked me how I'd dunnit :)

Job still open.

Ok mate ile come and do it i want €180 a day plus accomadation and grub and flights icant do it for about 4 weeks at the mo so if you need it done book me now cos i have more work coming in, regards Andy

BTW looking to hire one person, and so I can mix and clean for whoever gets the job. Not going to be breathing down yer necks, I'm a fairly chilled guy :RpS_thumbup:

Alright trowel head I'm interested in the job in France can you get in touch with me and let me know more.
thanks.

It looks like Nick's available, and possible 'glo spread' (Kev)... if this works out I'll be promoting this forum bigtime! I work in web design btw.

Had good contact with John this week seems decent bloke and figures quoted are good but i can't get there in the near future when he wants it done. Cheers anyway John

Another plasterer has left us high and dry... so,

Job still open

Walls: cleaned & solid plasterboard, and some smooth previously thinly plastered concrete, cleaned & ready for bonding agent / plastering
Plaster: can supply local Lutece 2000L plaster, would prefer Multifinish and would pay for plasterer to bring it over
Pipework: in two rooms heating pipes run from floor to ceiling, we would like them enclosed / boxed-in and skimmed

Areas
Living room 33m2
Bedroom 1 30m2
Bedroom 2 30m2
Study 26m2
Entry hallway 9m2
Bedroom hallway 11m2

Total Area 140m2

Pay
£1500 for the Plastering
+ Cost of materials (PVA, plaster, etc)
+ Accommodation/meals for 3 nights
+ Travel expenses covered. If you can bring Multifinish over, it's about 12hrs of driving, so we can cover costs of Ferry + Fuel + 1 night in a motel.

Plus you can visit the beautiful lake Geneva and the surrounding areas, a kind of working holiday!

Starting date
ASAP - week beginning August 1st, or August 8th

Any takers?

Thanks,

Jonny

No. It works out to £500 / day plus all expenses. That's TWICE the maximum daily rate I've seen in London.

With regards,

Johnny

Istill dont get it, yes it is a reasnable price on the face of it but that is only if some one is prepared to drive all that way and do it, if you paid for flights you would get a much better response and Lutece would cost labour wise a little bit more than multi the bit i dont get as ive said before that you cant find a local spread

with all due respect its not £500 a day. its 2-3 days work, plus 4 days driving, plus probably a day off due to the travelling, your looking at £200 a day max

Quite right Nick that is the only way to look at it, beddy i would take an old trowel, hawk and sponge float if using Lutec cos you wont know what you can buy when you are there, you wont be able to take them on as hand baggage, has to go in the hold dont know who would be suplying mixer and buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.