site work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It aint the poles driving down the rates its the main contractors they just happen to have lower overheads than the british

Ive met loads in kent had a whole job of a 160 flats in maidstone gone because of them

Ban foreign workers to do plastering for crap rates , those poles ruin our work as they can work for nothing
I don't agree, lots on here work for nothing and they are English, lots also making good money too, the polish have the same costs as you and I, rent, fuel,food etc or do you think they live on fresh air.

Yes but who will accept those rubbish site pay rates ? Over my dead body I do for those rates. As plastering is skilled craft
Pull out of site work mate , the thing in our game ,it is not that hard to set walls :RpS_unsure: , i now await the hanging :RpS_scared:

Yes as need to work fast to make money in sites - it wear you down - best bring up the rates to make it worth it to do that - best is domestics but there is not a lot of work around - mmm but more work in flooded areas in Southerners with chopping off plaster and re-plaster - many newly builds are D&D so plenty of work but unfortunately I'm Northerner
Put your wellies on ,come down ,it is a bit wet at the moment:RpS_crying:

Never seen a polish plasterer to this day and I've been at it 25 years like what's been said it's the contractors undercutting each other and unfortunately bills need paying so some will do it.

Never seen a polish plasterer to this day and I've been at it 25 years like what's been said it's the contractors undercutting each other and unfortunately bills need paying so some will do it.
So it is not just me :RpS_unsure:

going to stick to domestic myself now, doing a bathroom tomorrow getting more for that day than 3 days on site and not breaking my back for it

I meet a lot of spreads down our way and Ive never met or seen any poles plastering. A few doing groundworks but thats it. I had a polish labourer for a few weeks and he told me his gameplan (and that of many of his fellow countrymen) was to earn enough to buy a property back home then leggit. He needed 5k to buy his flat off the council in Krakoff, soon as he had the money he went. I think some are settling but alot are drifting back

Mmm would be hard for me to come down as I have very young family to support as I'm very family man - let's hope it get flooded bad in Grimsby then more local jobs!
1978 was 4' in water in my house not fun mate that cleethorpes am talking about.. and with kids.

You see? The labour market is in big mess as too much foreigners take away our jobs and contractors exploit them with low wages and rake in huge profits.
You are talking rubbish mate the poles are good spreads its the other eu,s that aint they work for the same rates as us they just aint got the overheads we have

left my dads firm in December want prove to myself can do it on my own getting couple days a week but not much, got some contacts but dont want to take my dads work is worth advertising till i get bit more regular work?

You're not wrong, they are f+cking dire.
Good and bad everywhere from every part of the world and every part of the uk, how many guys on here know 5 spreads that they can recommend for quality, for honesty, for not robbing the contacts and for returning the favour

top spreads definitely a minority , and the polish on site where i was before i fuked it off getting less than my prices i was on

Good and bad everywhere from every part of the world and every part of the uk, how many guys on here know 5 spreads that they can recommend for quality, for honesty, for not robbing the contacts and for returning the favour

Quite true, 90% of the work i see is sub standard. So pro rata that includes 70% of the peeps on here, i'll allow an extra 20% because if you're keen enough to search out a forum them you are perhaps interested in doing a good job. You're not part of the 70% are you Johnny?

Status
Not open for further replies.