Site work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were paying 2.50 in portsmouth but nobody wanted it apart from a couple , if the money is there we pay as much as we can.

i used to do ceilings on my own for c+g 6/7 years ago for £2.50m. Used to do 80m and be finished by 3 so
it is do able. Prolly too old now tho ;D

grand wizard said:
i remember being called a (french person) for working for 2.50 and this was a couple of years ago and as for eu,s 9 out of ten are crap

There's a Pole doing the dot and dab on a job I have to continue with on Wednesday. He was laying the boards face down on the floor and hurling the adhesive at the back with a small pointing trowel.
the adhesive was too runny and the dabs were all over the shop. He had no square for the reveals, and no level. If I get back on Wednesday and it's crap, they can get someone else to finish the job.
The really annoying thing is that I gave the developer a price per metre to dot and dab, but he would rather pay this Polish c**t and another chap who admitted to me that he has never done d&d before, DAYWORK, to do it.

Got Lithuanians doing the metal stud/ boardwork /aqua panel on the site im on ,all work is spot on .

simplybesty said:
Kirk. your like a lot on here, winge on about getting £5 a m2 and wouldnt get out of bed for les, there's no point in all you want a be spreads trying to make it in the real world . you couldnt do the m2 everyday. we were set on when we offered 1200m2 on here for a fair rate but the ones ripping into us with the reason why they wouldnt do it for the money, couldnt do if they tried because there not faster enough and need to charge £5 to make any money.

Quote from the plasterers looking for plasterers thread by you simps
"if yoy cant beat em join them, anyway, its Ian who is making them work for crap money plus he is getting a go on theres wives"

Emphasis on the crap money statement and using Eu's , you seemed to off accepted the fact that it's okay to employ these guys now , and using the excuse that brit's can't do it for the rates mentioned is rubbish , ok there may be a minority that aren't able to make it , but i would suggest to you that the majority can , but it's back to the old argument of why should they work for these price's , banks never drop their prices nor the power company's etc so why should they, still have the same bills to pay , fair enough if your happy with your rates you crack on , but don't post your rates and expect tradesman to accept it , course their gonna whinge , we ALL do it , but good luck to you and any one else that's making money out of cheap labour , slave masters were doing it for years .

I could do 100mtrs a day no problem !!!! even though i'm nearly a pensioner ;-}

your becoming so boring mr clamp, you just wait in on the side lines to have a cheap punch every time i post. grow up man. As for slave labour, we pay as much as we can to get the better tradesman and how much work have you given to lads on here. ??.

Nobody likes the rates at the moment and yes it is wrong and the only way we can do anything about it is refuse to work for them. If the whole trade went on strike then it would have to change but nobody would because the contractors know we have bills to pay and cant . I refused to drop on price on a load of really nice jobs but somebody always does and the contractors get them one. Main contractors are crapping it at the moment because were not far from rats beginning to raise and they know they run the risk of not being able to get trademan because the rate they have allowed is lower than what the average rate has gone upto. Thats when we will start seeing firms going under and people getting had. This is the time everyone needs to start the presure on firms to up there rates.

The other problem is there are firms who have plasterers on the books so they are getting work just to pay the wages bill.

Sorry Massa Roberts, didn't realise i wasn't allowed to post a response on and open forum :D

As for sitting on the sidelines to have a pop at you !!! sorry but i value my time a little more highly than that ;)

This is one of the most contentious subjects we will come across on an open forum , as well as lad's starting threads regarding "What's the going rate " I totally agree with you on the later point ,there will alway's be some misguided sole wiling to under cut .

As for not offering work on here, well believe it or not after over thirty years in the trade i have developed quite a few contacts and also receive 2-3 calls a week from local spreads some i who's fathers i have worked with ,and the fact that my three sons and three brothers are all in the trade , so it's not in my interests to offer work to lads outside of my area ??? (although i did offer a to pass on a national contact a month ago on here)

So sorry Paul it's not a personal dig at you ::) hope your not too upset by that ;D

you did offer the work on here paul fair play but i did not need it cause i had stuff coming up and yours started day mine did otherwise i would have called monkey and asked was it still available as for doing a 100m2 a day not a problem

any who thinks they can do 100m2 a day is full of bull.let`s talk about average.by friday if you`ve done 300m2 you¬ve done ok.100m2 a day,5 days.f**k off back to sleep.if you`re doing that amount,on £2 m2 that`s £1000 a wek!!!

well i work in a 2+1 gang and when skimming we average 200m aday and our lab cant plaster you get a proper method its not hard to acheive i was doing some flats just after xmas for stanmore they were worth £635.00 and we would do in a day at 2.75 m2

100m2 a day is easily achievable its just down to how you work. how many lads sit down with a butty or a fag etc after they have laid down their walls. all the big hitting spreads are using that time to bead/tape etc other areas or load bags up etc etc. you have to be efficent at every aspect when your on site skimming houses out if you do three hits a day its only just over 33m a hit that you need to do to hit your 100 which is like 12 boards. not impossible at all. one hit you might get 8 then the next you might get 15 if its a big room with a some nice big walls. on the other hand though you might be doing some s**t three story house were the third floor all has to be rounded and your lucky to get five boards a hit on. swings and round abouts

most new house's and flats are tiny. 100m2 on your own with no labourer in a day (8-4) every day of the week is impossible.

if it was possible then everyone who is saying they can do it no matter the situation would be on a grand a week and not on here moaning

to many people after Private work .people pricing at about 80 quid a day here . if anybody got any work going near burton on Trent id be intrested even do some labouring fed up doing not a lot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.