Site work

Status
Not open for further replies.
simplybesty said:
kirk johnstone said:
well what i would do and did is get out and do private work for real money!

you know as well as every other person here the money is going out of private because everyone wants private. you talk complete (german word) mate. so what your saying is, the lads who are busting a gut on 2.50m2 are stupid then. they do it because they have to.

i didnt call anyone stupid mate i just think that something needs to be done about the site prices, this is obviously a touch subject for you mate so we best leave it there ;)

come on boys , no bull , wot can u do a day on site price work.i can skim a ton a day float & set 50m2 aday good standard, can you southern boys cut it?

its not gospel theres loads of firms who cant be arsed to go on internet forums ......on skim 2.50 average my way

100m2 can be done in schools etc but in todays modern housing where the rooms are tiny and full of boxin ins anyone who says thay can do 100m2 on their own in that situation is talking utter s**t

2.50 is average most firms in manchester were payin this in the good times some less and i always made a wage...........................fair enough i can live on £250 a week ;)

richardbrown said:
100m2 can be done in schools etc but in todays modern housing where the rooms are tiny and full of boxin ins anyone who says thay can do 100m2 on their own in that situation is talking utter (german word)
i can do it!

merlin said:
richardbrown said:
100m2 can be done in schools etc but in todays modern housing where the rooms are tiny and full of boxin ins anyone who says thay can do 100m2 on their own in that situation is talking utter (german word)
i can do it!

its possible but not everyday

ok so the 3 bed house we have just finished, the total area of all the ceilings in the entire house was 90 m2 so you would skim all those ceilings on your own ... in a day???.

ok so you say £1.75 is a c.rap m2 rate. Ill pay for your train fare down here, you can stay with me for nought and ill give you £2 per m2. I would like to see you do 100m2 a day

Gone a bit off topic here lads but cheers anyway. i think i'll hang fire with this job until things pick up price wise. I pick up £350 and to be honest it's easy money compared to the m2 rates you guys are on about!
Is it only spreads who's prices have dropped or are brickies and chippies rates dropped aswell? feckin piss take innit, i bet site managers havn't lowered there rates!

Roofer2plasterer said:
Gone a bit off topic here lads but cheers anyway. i think i'll hang fire with this job until things pick up price wise. I pick up £350 and to be honest it's easy money compared to the m2 rates you guys are on about!
Is it only spreads who's prices have dropped or are brickies and chippies rates dropped aswell? (french word)in (french word) take innit, i bet site managers havn't lowered there rates!

across the board

i aint getting into the who can do argument, there are too many factors to take into account on how many meters per day but i used to do three 3/4 bags hits per day so that would normally cover around 100m2 or close to it but what i am saying is i wouldn't dream of it for the prices they are paying now. i would much rather skim a living room ceiling for £250 all day long lads ;)

Hey Rooferto plasterer i was in Cockermouth the other week on a rugby tour went through the town it looked in devistation ???

spunky said:
do you flatten youre first coat kirk?

no mate when i was on site it was two coats three trowels and a polish oh and if i had stuff left over after second coat then i would one coat a few walls ;)

hollybank said:
Hey Rooferto plasterer i was in Cockermouth the other week on a rugby tour went through the town it looked in devistation ???

Yeah i know, i live near Ulverston and it was pretty bad there aswell. Plasterers from all over have turned up!

site rates have dropped accross the board i know brickies getting 450 a thousand two years ago now getting 175 ouch. just the way it is.

i remember being called a c**t for working for 2.50 and this was a couple of years ago and as for eu,s 9 out of ten are crap

Status
Not open for further replies.