Site standard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BristolRuss

Been out on site painting for extra bit of cash lately and the standard of plastering and boarding is piss poor.

Now only being a student plasterer I don't know a massive amount of site stuff.

I noticed the scrim coming through the skim, nails popping out on the boards, a few hollows in the corners. The overall finish looked fine bit rough in places but I thought wow I could do this or is this just me being a picky prick because a few other lads did say it looked nice.

I've always been taught that site had to be to a high standard?

Not really a knob end painter status is it? a qualified, experienced plaster shouldn't be making these sort of mistakes? again might just be me being picky

What ever earns the £££

With out being the abuse is this the sort of work you can get away with on site? simple question.

what kind of money is painting these days?
and you get what you pay for, piss poor prices equals piss poor work in my book.

Ive not done any site work personaly but my marras who have always been on site tell me they dont have time to fcuk on getting it perfect because the prices are so tight they just need to get the meterage on to get a decent wage

Nobody gives a **** these days coz s**t prices, means bad money, means ,bad job ,but saying that there are just a hell of a lot of rough T***s at the moment and in my humble opinion it will only get worse

Another one slaging off another mans work who hasnt got a clue ,the least they know the bigger the gob.T@ats telling me its not good enough at fooking £1.80m2 and the man wouldnt know what end of the trowel to hold.If ya can piss ya can paint and nails havnt been on mainstream sites for a long time mr painter.P.S.by the way both football teams are shite .ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh dear....

I've been plastering for three years you tit so I know what decent work is if you would of read the post it's for extra money.

you are right mate, i dont work on sites only private but i do go into newly built house/flats from time to time and some of the work is absolute shite!!!! I cant comment on the prices the site lads get cos i dont have a clue what they get, but i can say that i have seen some of the site lads work when theyv done some private work and thats not 100% either. whether thats cos they wanted to get in and get it done asap i dont know

PS im not trying to say all the site lads are all the same before the heavy mob come round saying im trying to say you are

Another one slaging off another mans work who hasnt got a clue ,the least they know the bigger the gob.T@ats telling me its not good enough at fooking £1.80m2 and the man wouldnt know what end of the trowel to hold.If ya can piss ya can paint and nails havnt been on mainstream sites for a long time mr painter.P.S.by the way both football teams are shite .ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUU
birmingham are a shite team aswell

I've done both private and site work over the years and my standard doesn't alter wherever I'm working. I've also employed quite a few spreads over the years on site work and have seen both good and bad (bloody terrible) but I've also seen equally bad work many many times done by the lads that stick to private work, in fact just recently I was asked to cast my eye over some work on a private job by someone that Danny had been contacted by through this forum. To say this work was rough would be an understatement with badly cracked walls, pissed angle beads and a bloody shoddy overall finish to the setting. And all this done by a guy that apparently has a good reputation locally and gets plenty of work.
So yes plenty of site work is rough but the same can be said of private work and just remember that a lot of you out there that think you're s**t hot spreads just ain't when compared to the really good guys (there really aren't many).

I've done both private and site work over the years and my standard doesn't alter wherever I'm working. I've also employed quite a few spreads over the years on site work and have seen both good and bad (bloody terrible) but I've also seen equally bad work many many times done by the lads that stick to private work, in fact just recently I was asked to cast my eye over some work on a private job by someone that Danny had been contacted by through this forum.

Wahey.... this forum does work then :)

Did you get the job to put it right?

Danny

tell you what I notice about pricing a job up that someone has fcuk up, my price is always less than what the s**t plasterer got paid

Nicely put essexandy and very true.I have about 70 lads working at the mo and some sites you just cant put certain lads on but can get away with it on others .got a site down your way in bishops stofford if ya fancy taking alook at our standard all brummie lads working down there for us im sure the boys will make ya a cuppa tea and chew the fat about spreads.The biggest diff between site and private for me is pricework spreads are a different breed mass house bashing is all about volume with more and more higher standards every year,agents after tinpot awards etc

hi lemuk i been house bashing for twenty years now and im near bishops stortford (no i dont need any work) do you get all this shite with them going round with a halogen shining it at every angle before its been mist coated

Status
Not open for further replies.