Site Lights

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive used Halogen tripods for the past few years John I just got fed up with the bulbs blowing and them getting damaged in van, Im not know for my delicate touch :RpS_unsure:
The are delicate, don't last very long but are very bright

have you tried four candles - :RpS_laugh::RpS_lol:-------------- soz the cider and calms are kicking in :RpS_lol:

Ive used Halogen tripods for the past few years John I just got fed up with the bulbs blowing and them getting damaged in van, Im not know for my delicate touch :RpS_unsure:

Have a look on ebay and buy some led replacement bulbs for them but, get the daylight white ones not warm white or alternatively make your own led light rig as i have just done :RpS_thumbup:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its the start of the dreaded site light debates which means noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its the beginning of the dark mornings and dark by 4pm evenings nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gulp........soon be xmas!!!:RpS_crying:

ive used those lights @Olican, no good for plastering,, save your money and spend it on more halogen bulbs :RpS_thumbdn:

Last edited by a moderator:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its the start of the dreaded site light debates which means noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its the beginning of the dark mornings and dark by 4pm evenings nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thinking the same things

this year has flown by, only seems like yesterday we was thinking lets get January and February out the way then the work will pick up :RpS_scared:

this year has flown by, only seems like yesterday we was thinking lets get January and February out the way then the work will pick up :RpS_scared:

I know lee im actualy looking forward to moaning about work being quiet!!! my body dunt like full wks anymore!!!

Screwfix are now doing double headed led site lights on a tripod 69.99 if there anything like the led lights had fitted to my garage they should be good and better than the halogen version

If you've got a costco account they have a good bright light in there around £39 I have one myself sorry no link. Church's light looks good for the price and useful extra sockets.

I bought a night searcher rechargeable one from tool station led charge lasts 4 hrs on high 7 hrs on low and low is plenty bright enough , I tested it out in my garden which is 100ft long and it lit the house up behind me on high ! If u have it on high don't look into it ffs I turned round and did that on a job couldn't see feck all for a min customer thought I was drunk nearly knocked me Stella over!!

It's really all the same just a different name

You could always adjust your working hours to those @Nisus does? He arrives about 10:30, and he's gone by 15:30. He said it means he can work the same hours all year round and allows him to plan his workload more accurately.

Obviously he told me all that before he 'mentioned' that he was on day rate. :RpS_crying:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 2 led spotlight to try out. They're not the best as you need two for a bedroom but they give off no heat and can take a knock. If you could find some brighter reasonably priced ones youd be onto a winner

Feck all that, a £10 quid halogen from cheapo suppliers, take glass out (that's what makes them blow most, overheating) and get 10 bulbs for a tenner from local Pak1 builders merchants :RpS_thumbup:

The £50 you save can be invested in beer

I still have a couple of the old style defender's the wobble ones with the round bases pretty decent lights those.

Yh the one I have stands about 6ft on its round base, not from screwfix..

£300 for a light scottie you must be on some decent rates down your way! :0

Feck all that, a £10 quid halogen from cheapo suppliers, take glass out (that's what makes them blow most, overheating) and get 10 bulbs for a tenner from local Pak1 builders merchants :RpS_thumbup:

The £50 you save can be invested in beer

Pak1. Is that a new company?

Status
Not open for further replies.