Sisters Plasterering

It sure didn’t! Quaking in my boots over here now after that thorough slap down! :frio:
1548285342711.png

Working like that how long before one of them gets a slashed face.
Dumb f**k**s, thing is they will probably get loads of work and might make income with more experience at the expense of the customer.

Working like that how long before one of them gets a slashed face.
Dumb f**k**s, thing is they will probably get loads of work and might make income with more experience at the expense of the customer.

They'll give up before then, I'd say. Mark you, I'd say they'd have no problem getting on with quite a lot of little firms as improvers.

Giving plastering a go is something you do in your own house...giving it a go in other people's houses leads to much wailing and gnashing of teeth and posting of pictures on here asking 'will this paint up OK?'
Then they wont get paid, possibly sued and more work for a competent plaster...................they may even do a job to be proud of.

That’s what’s wrong today it’s the at least they tried attitude, it’s not the trying it’s the winning that counts
Agreed but whats wrong with someone getting up of their arse and trying to do something? They will either sink or swim. If they dont try then they will never know.

Then they wont get paid, possibly sued and more work for a competent plaster...................they may even do a job to be proud of.

It's really not as simple as not getting paid....

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of s**t that I am a better plasterer than the pair of them put together and I wouldn't dare set myself up as a proper plastering firm - that's why I do jobs for people which may or may not include plastering. They won't be able to price properly, they won't know what to do when it goes wrong, they won't know about older techniques such as lath and plaster, they won't know anything about any of the other trades around a building, they won't be able to tackle large areas properly - simply, all they'll know is how to fix board to studwork, and maybe dab - now, if they can fill a diary with jobs that involve putting two boards up and skimming them, then yeah, they might be OK but real world jobs just aren't like that and they'll soon see.

It's really not as simple as not getting paid....

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of s**t that I am a better plasterer than the pair of them put together and I wouldn't dare set myself up as a proper plastering firm - that's why I do jobs for people which may or may not include plastering. They won't be able to price properly, they won't know what to do when it goes wrong, they won't know about older techniques such as lath and plaster, they won't know anything about any of the other trades around a building, they won't be able to tackle large areas properly - simply, all they'll know is how to fix board to studwork, and maybe dab - now, if they can fill a diary with jobs that involve putting two boards up and skimming them, then yeah, they might be OK but real world jobs just aren't like that and they'll soon see.
@Andy g

Too late for me , anyway from some posts on here I've come to the conclusion that there's plenty of others just as bad , all good fun

Yes and I wonder if those who criticise would entertain us with videos of themselves plastering? That should be a good topic and being as you all have phones which have a camera and you dont need any special equipment (as was pointed out recently)..................then you have no excuse not to do so.

Yes and I wonder if those who criticise would entertain us with videos of themselves plastering? That should be a good topic and being as you all have phones which have a camera and you dont need any special equipment (as was pointed out recently)..................then you have no excuse not to do so.
Have often thought that but to be fair pictures of walls mean little , we want videos of techniques and not of lurpy sticking his " toe" up a bath tap , the audio would be worse

I haven't got any videos but you're welcome to take a gander.
www.sandonplastering.co.uk

Have often thought that but to be fair pictures of walls mean little , we want videos of techniques and not of lurpy sticking his " toe" up a bath tap , the audio would be worse
Agree totally. Pics are nowt and could be of anything from anybody. Videos will show the mouthpiece who criticises doing the business.