Silverback board dot and dab?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 25 years ago........

When I was a green , keen plastering lad tyring to find his way in the plastering world. I was given some foil back board that was left over from a job by a nice generous builder.

2 weeks later , rubing my hands in the expectation of making a few bob in light of my newly aquired boards I headed off to a job I had picked up with stick and boards in tow.

Once on site I proceeded to stick away with my gratis boards. Now heres the funny bit......I stuck the whole room in about 2 hours and was well chuffed with my efforts.That was until some lad came up to me whilst sitting in the van having a well earned break and began to explain that all my boards had fallen off the wall.:RpS_crying:.
Yeah!!! very funny mate I exlaimed.pull the other ...etc ..etc... But on returning to the room ....devastation welcomed my un beleiving eyes......it was like board magedon......a fallen house of cards. F**** ......F***** F*****

It seems as the adhesive set it tightened and the boards fell clean away.

Moral of the story.......you can not stick Duplex/ vapour sheild or any other foil backed board to anything !!

FFS urgefeate. have you not read Dannys new Thread about keeping threads on topic..........no mug for you this month marra......................:RpS_thumbdn:. but i have to say that your post does raise some valid points...................:RpS_thumbup:

I was on a site a few years back and the foreman ordered the boards and foil-back turned up. After blaming Travis for a bit then realizing he ordered foil back, he had a lab peeling off the foil with a scraper so we could crack on.

i worked with a old spread once giving him a push on a old building ,although i had been plastering 20 yrs i still knew nowt, he had double my years in the trade , walked in room pile of foil back boards , i went upstairs skimming , at dinner come down for a break ,he had only stuck them on walls with adhesive , i was laughing to myself and asked how long he expected them to last , next day as he was putting scrim on they started falling of one by one , i told him to drill and mushroom full room ,ingnorent old b*stard listened to me after that .

i dont think foil is stuck to boards all that good, put it this way it wouldnt happen in my house, in turn means i would never do it .

My advice is not that funny it is a way to sort it the problem but your properly not that clued up m8

Lol well obviously I'm a lot more clued up than you coming out with that crap. It is a seriously bad idea to dab metal studs! Show me in the white book where it mentions doing that.

Please explain to me why dabbing mf studs to a wall is better than putting a mf wall up using c channel top and bottom, just so I'm clued up in future ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.