Silverback board dot and dab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol well obviously I'm a lot more clued up than you coming out with that crap. It is a seriously bad idea to dab metal studs! Show me in the white book where it mentions doing that.

Please explain to me why dabbing mf studs to a wall is better than putting a mf wall up using c channel top and bottom, just so I'm clued up in future ha.
Were in my post did I say it was better than build a mf wall I did not i just said its a way that can be done , as it does in the white book so i agree you must be more clued up than me not

Were in my post did I say it was better than build a mf wall I did not i just said its a way that can be done , as it does in the white book so i agree you must be more clued up than me not

lol you told him he would have to dab and screw studs to the wall when he asked can i dab silver back boards! ( it would be cheaper to just buy more normal board than buy studs and screws etc lol) you gave bad advice!

yea you can do it your way but why would you? ( and i dont even think you was talking about the system shown in the w/ book as you said dab studs not gyprock channels ( for a know it all you should have known that).
Ive done 1000 and 1000s of mtrs of mf systems in the last 6-8 yrs and never seen anyone do it let alone mention it.

Building some metal stud walls in a golf club house for a couple of grizzly Essex boys who thought they were builders, when I noticed them putting dabs on the boards then lifting them to try and stick on old dusty tiled walls, I told them they should leave it with me but was told to mind my own!
The client was raging when he got on site first the next day. boards every where but on the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.