silk plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chenese product is probably cheaper, but as I said before it is totally different from Silk Plaster. Absolutely another qualtity, textures and colors. And our company was the first, they simply used the idea, like they always do, but they could not copy our colors and textures.
Moreover all raw material for Silk Plaster is produced on Russia factories specially for us, for example silk fibers it can not be cheap. So if material is cheap it means that they use wasted/recycled product instead of silk. Wasted paper left from textyle production. That is why it is cheap and fall down from the wall very fast.

yes, all our distrubutors anylize the market, and before starting working with Silk Plaster they comparaed it with others and also chenese. Of course they chose us. it is a matter of quality and looking. You can buy cheap chenese car and repair it very often or buy mercedes and do not worry about anything.

The use of waste or recycled material will go well with the british government with all this carbon footprint shite they might even offer grants for it. that be good wont it

it may not be for everybody and it may be different to use....

Its still very interesting to see new stuff like this come out :)

Look at the wallcrete? Everybody was bitching and moaning :) Now look its going great....

You never know when you might need it.... granted your regular middle class house is not but you may get asked to plaster one of warriors mansions of his helipad and he wants it to glitter....

Keep you opinions open I cant say if its good bad or crap because I have never seen or used it... so I cant make that call

Danny

it may not be for everybody and it may be different to use....

Its still very interesting to see new stuff like this come out :)

Look at the wallcrete? Everybody was bitching and moaning :) Now look its going great....

You never know when you might need it.... granted your regular middle class house is not but you may get asked to plaster one of warriors mansions of his helipad and he wants it to glitter....

Keep you opinions open I cant say if its good bad or crap because I have never seen or used it... so I cant make that call

Danny

The only problem Dan is that there is no one in the UK stocks it, and to get a sample is gonna cost ya 30 + quid , then you have to buy it in bulk , am if Ckj ain't confinced , i'm not sure I am, but of they send a sample I will try it, if she's that confident in the product and is selling so much off said product then it should not be a problem, especially when trying to tap into a new demographic

Yes, till now we do not have a distributor in UK who will have a stock, though we work on it, having negotiations, so may be soon there will be distributor, so you can easily get the sample from him and test the material.
Yes, no all like it, people are different, different taste. Some people adore paints, some wallpaper, some decorative plasteres. It depends on people. But I can tell you for sure that Silk Plaster is a very good alternative for all these stuff. It has benefits which can hit paints or wallpaper. Besides it really look amazing on the wall. Come to Moscow, I`ll show you :) because it is important to see it in reality how it looks on the wall, to try it and touch it. Majority of people who see Silk plaster become fans :)

No need to buy it in a bulk quantity, you can buy small quantity lets say 100 packs from Dubai office, the only thing that you will have to pay for delivery, but its like with any other product which is not sold in UK. If your customer is ready to pay, why not?

and when you try it with one client, and next one, I am sure you will see that people like it, you will have good feedback. Just you should try, but not blame or judge when you did not even try it, what many of people in this forum do.

Elina . It is not plasterers you have to convince. Its architects, designers and end clients. Plasterers will then use it and give a valid opinion. I would take all the comments with a pinch of salt.

but it is not me who started Silk Plaster theme in the forum. And since I heard not good words from people who didn`t even see it, I started to convince all you of you, because I am afraid here is only me who know the material. And thats it.
We have been producing Silk Plaster in Russia for almost 15 years, material is available in every russian city. Besides we have distributors in many countries around the world. So do you really think that bad material can be sold in so many countries for such many years?

sorry for bothering you guys, since I already told everything I could and for you it is not interesing any longer, I will stop writing about Silk Plaster. anyway thank you for your attention and have a good luck! I hope I could at least slightly chage your mind about our product.

you have certainly fought your corner :) like what blones said take it with a pinch of salt, I agree you need to see it in the flesh and it is a personal preference so there is definetly a market for it.

Although not to my personal taste I agree with Flynny in that there will definitely be a market for it just as there is for products such as Venetian polished plaster, Wallcrete etc. Someone somewhere in this country will grasp the nettle and probably make some good money out of it just as with the other products I've already mentioned.

if someone has it applied to there wall and they no longer like the colour can they paint it? and if they get sick of it how easy is it to get it off and how?

what about you giving me some money to open a showroom and pay me a nice wage untill it takes off then ill go on a commission based plan?
[FONT='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

if someone has it applied to there wall and they no longer like the colour can they paint it? and if they get sick of it how easy is it to get it off and how?

what about you giving me some money to open a showroom and pay me a nice wage untill it takes off then ill go on a commission based plan?
[FONT='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

It comes off just like normal wallpaper but another question can you use the product again after you have stripped it off the wall?

The thickness of the layer for Silk Plaster is just 1-2mm, in case you are tired from one color you can simply put new color with Silk Plaster upon the old one, it is shown on the video with Silk Plaster. Of course you can not paint it, because Silk Plaster makes a rough surface.
But if you want you can easily remove it, just with the mass of water. Make it very very wet and then you can simply scrub it from the wall. Regarding second usage, yes, it is also possible, though depends on the factors, (for example material remained cleaned after you took it from the wall, and so on, it is second usage so you should understand that it will not look the same as in the beginning).

But dry material in the pack can be stored lots of years, nothing will happen. If you mixed it with water you can keep it up to 1 week. Also wet material (which is not applied on the wall) can get dry and then you can store it many years.
So it is very convenient, for example you can repair the damaged place in just 5 minutes.

NPS, sorry we do not work this way, we deal with distributors only. So when there will be a distributor in UK, you may contact him and discuss possible way of cooparation.

My photo available in the contact pade of the website www.silkplasters.com

Nisis, not yet, though we had some small shipments to France, and have negotiations now, but no distributor established yet, so no stock. Soon we are going to open our office in Europe to make the logistic easier.

I can see this being used in hotels & restaurants easy to do aswell ££££ :RpS_biggrin:

Elina Goldcomb was started in Scotland by a master artexer with many many years experience in the plastering & artexing trade.
Now he's getting on a bit age wise he's set up his own artex training school teaching a whole range of artexing skills with brush patterns being the basic patterns & the comb patterns being the more advanced patterns.
The master artexer is on this forum he goes by the name of Casper like Casper the ghost as he's always covered in white artex :)

Oh, I see, thank you very much, Nisus!
Yes, for hotels and restaurants it is really good. For example, we have a distributor of Silk Plaster in Maldives, you know there are many hotels with Silk Plaster :)

The problem is to be a distributor they will want you to buy around 4tons of the stuff which i think is asking alot for a product like this

SKJ, not true. is there any interest from your side to say so?
Anybody can become a distributor, it doesn`t matter how much you buy, if you work with us and offer Silk Plaster to customers then you already our distributor.

The thickness of the layer for Silk Plaster is just 1-2mm, in case you are tired from one color you can simply put new color with Silk Plaster upon the old one, it is shown on the video with Silk Plaster. Of course you can not paint it, because Silk Plaster makes a rough surface.
But if you want you can easily remove it, just with the mass of water. Make it very very wet and then you can simply scrub it from the wall. Regarding second usage, yes, it is also possible, though depends on the factors, (for example material remained cleaned after you took it from the wall, and so on, it is second usage so you should understand that it will not look the same as in the beginning).

But dry material in the pack can be stored lots of years, nothing will happen. If you mixed it with water you can keep it up to 1 week. Also wet material (which is not applied on the wall) can get dry and then you can store it many years.
So it is very convenient, for example you can repair the damaged place in just 5 minutes.

really is it that easy to remove? because keep covering it with different colours is a bit stupid to be honest! can i request any colours i want????? also after it has been applied can the skirtingboards/ architrave be fitted on top ?

how much would it cost for 10m2?

It says its a liquid wallpaper so really you would use it after skirting & architraves are fitted & painted. Bit like a reskim :RpS_wink:

It looks good Elina and will work over here giving a chance. Are you the blonde lady in the picture on your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.