Silicosis

Members online

No members online now.

ankers

Hearing loads of bad things about silica. Does anyone know if everyone who breathes it in will get silicoses or is it certain people and how much is breathed in. I've breathed in probably 8 years worth without a mask from plaster and drywall. Anyone have any Info on it. I've never heard of a plasterer with silicosis

Hearing loads of bad things about silica. Does anyone know if everyone who breathes it in will get silicoses or is it certain people and how much is breathed in. I've breathed in probably 8 years worth without a mask from plaster and drywall. Anyone have any Info on it. I've never heard of a plasterer with silicosis
Wear a mask , dead people don't talk much.
I think its a bit of DNA luck , was gutting buildings and artex since I was 15 , I'm 57 , smoked for 35 y , drugs and booze , poor diet , still fit and will outwork the young'uns.
Pure luck mate , as its a numbers game your odds are less from my survival, my son works for me on occasions and he's out the door if I catch him without a mask

Wear a mask , dead people don't talk much.
I think its a bit of DNA luck , was gutting buildings and artex since I was 15 , I'm 57 , smoked for 35 y , drugs and booze , poor diet , still fit and will outwork the young'uns.
Pure luck mate , as its a numbers game your odds are less from my survival, my son works for me on occasions and he's out the door if I catch him without a mask
Have you always wore a mask or just recently?

Have you always wore a mask or just recently?
T shirt mask , never bought a real one , don't bother with t-shirts if its just scraping artex , should be dead really
My dads the same (78y )

Does anyone the percentage of silica in multi and boards. Bg website just says minor amounts or 0.1 mg per cubic metre In 8 hours whatever that means