silicon render over sand cement scratch coat

Members online

weber over sand cement base coat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jacko001

Hi. I've been a traditional renderer for around 15 yrs and would like to use the new silicon renders available a.my question is can I put a 4 to 1 sand cement scratch coat on and then finish with say Weber rend as my top coat... would I have to prime the scratch coat prior .and would it make a difference to the top coat what retardant went in to the scratch coat. Thanks

Hi pal, being doin Webber and k rend over sand and cement scratch coat since 2003 and never had any problems with it,scratch was 3-1 with waterproofer.

Hi Fran really appreciate your knowledge on the product. Just a couple of other queries if ok to ask .
How long would you leave the scratch coat to set a.would I need to prime it can I incorporate mesh in scratch coat or Weber top coat.
And. Typical what is the setting time a.would you rule with a feather edge then sponge up .and what's the min max depth of top coat.
Sorry about all the questions mate.like I said all I've ever done is sand c. The house ile be doing is a typical late 70s concrete shutted building you know the one the walls look like pebbles.
Again much appreciated fran.cheers lee.

No worries,if I was doing it over old pebble dash I would give the dash a good wash first then scud the dash with a ten sand to one bag of cement mix then scratch and take time to get it nice and straight and set beads properly etc then u would wait till the scratch was nice and hard and give it a really good drink of water and I would first coat it when still a www bit wet then second coat it and rule with a 6 or 8 ft feathered edge then rub it up with a float and scrape out when ready depending on time of year.i would try a small wall first till u get the hang of it and let the k rend mix down in mixer don't add to much water to quick!! As for mesh and that tbh I never used it but sure other lads could help u out on that.hope this helps lee.

Much appreciated fran I've got a small back wall I plan on doing before I tackle anything large ..I don't think ile have problems with laying it on more knowing how the product works .
Thanks again mate.