Sign writing

Members online

For me sign writing is a must! 100% Professional, pays for itself (free advertising) and gets you recognised. Trampy work vans always make me think chancer or signing on! Lol. I get loads of phone calls which start with I’ve just seen you’re van......
Are most of your customers illiterate?

Usually have enough work. Times when I start to worry, but the world keeps spinning and something comes along.

I had one done . Pain in arse,it looks good I know. But didn't get much work from it. And my wife's mate is mobile hair dresser she used to tell the wife where I was working, wot pub I was in and the time.now I use a big magnet one each side . Now and then .the way I'm getting through vans it would have cost me a fortune in sign writing.

I had one done . Pain in arse,it looks good I know. But didn't get much work from it. And my wife's mate is mobile hair dresser she used to tell the wife where I was working, wot pub I was in and the time.now I use a big magnet one each side . Now and then .the way I'm getting through vans it would have cost me a fortune in sign writing.

That is another reason I won't have mine done, every fuc#er know where you are

I don’t like the idea of people knowing where I am either. Rather be anonymous

How many of you have got your vans sign written? I’ve never had any of my vans done due to the fact that when we was ever stuck in traffic or on the motorway any plasterers that had there vans written used to get stupid phone calls to pass the time and brighten the day and didn’t want it happening to me lol. But now considering getting it done, what’s your thoughts lads?
Pushed some t**t off his bike in front of a shop once because he though he was hard as nails and would move out the way, next thing I no he got my number off my van gave it to the police and I got done for ABH, took all of it off after that,

Don’t agree about looking professional really, it shouldn’t make any odds wether your vans written or not, maybe if you’re Turning up in 10 year old sheds who knows.
Never bothered, although I don’t target domestic jobs really, and some firms we sub work for prefer not for us to put signs up on scaffold or have sign written vans. I chop the vans in every three year anyhow so unless I was going down the magnetic route wouldn’t be worth it.

Last edited:
The advertising side of things are s***,
when you're quoting large render jobs the customer is definitely going to feel more comfortable with a sign written van,
Plane van just looks like a subbies van to me,
I've got my phone number on but there's no need next time I probably won't bother
I’d concentrate more on the website or previous portfolio, we price and Win some decent size projects when I’ve turned up in a white van, but we all operate differently i guess.

I’d concentrate more on the website or previous portfolio, we price and Win some decent size projects when I’ve turned up in a white van, but we all operate differently i guess.
Yes we do and it's whatever works for you,
Personally it wouldn't feel right to me I would feel I was missing a trick turning up to private work especially,
I reckon a much higher percentage of the general public would feel more comfortable employing a company with a sign written van.

Pushed some t**t off his bike in front of a shop once because he though he was hard as nails and would move out the way, next thing I no he got my number off my van gave it to the police and I got done for ABH, took all of it off after that,
Great marketing strategy! All publicity is good publicity! :ROFLMAO:

FC866067-34E9-4251-A49B-7FA98ED3F27F.jpeg