sick of chancers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterroberts

started on a site last week, guy turns up who I am supposed to be working with, get setup and then go for a quick brew and a fag before we start, he starts telling me been in the game for thirty years blah blah did a set last week on his own 268m2 in 6 hours, im thinking BOLLOX, anyway he gets his dewalt drill and paddle out of his car, don't think much of it at the time, then he asks me how much water do I need, how long should I mix it for etc etc etc, site agent has come today to have a look as the lads been giving it the big I am routine, anyway im now watching him pack his gear back into his car while mixing some pva up to reskim his wonderfull work that's been done.

what a waste of fresh boards, time and effort, anyway only good thing I get an extra day out of it

must have been a very long course, running for thirty years, maybe he got the timing wrong and he meant been in the game thirty minutes, he could have meant he had been on the game for thirty years, as im sure it would have looked better if he had used his backside to put it on with

Always the way. Any spread who bigs himself up generally is a complete ****. By the way done 1000 m2 this morning, home by 1.00!!!!!

Always the way. Any spread who bigs himself up generally is a complete ****. By the way done 1000 m2 this morning, home by 1.00!!!!!

started on a site last week, guy turns up who I am supposed to be working with, get setup and then go for a quick brew and a fag before we start, he starts telling me been in the game for thirty years blah blah did a set last week on his own 268m2 in 6 hours, im thinking BOLLOX, anyway he gets his dewalt drill and paddle out of his car, don't think much of it at the time, then he asks me how much water do I need, how long should I mix it for etc etc etc, site agent has come today to have a look as the lads been giving it the big I am routine, anyway im now watching him pack his gear back into his car while mixing some pva up to reskim his wonderfull work that's been done.

what a waste of fresh boards, time and effort, anyway only good thing I get an extra day out of it
:RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

you must have given it an extra 2 trowels for it to take you that long :RpS_biggrin:

I've noticed a few newbies on here guilty of a bit of billy bullshite !! Can't help thinking some are on a wind up?? But wonder if some actually believe the garbage they come out with!???
Anyways been rendering today used all 8 ton up so had to come home till they drop more gear off! Sun went on it and all perfect not a shadow in sight!!:rolleyes)

Best one ive seen I an ex copper who a jack of all trades .... was working at a large house and in he walks .... just finishing up a ceiling and he starts ' yeah ive been a plasterer 25 years'........ stood there on my stilts thinking how does that work if you retired from the pigs after 25 years .... thought what a **** .

Quoted a job today and the customer had used him for painting .... was the worse ive ever seen .... got aggressive with them as well when they questioned him .... keeps tryin to get me to look at a rendering job but doesn't seem to take the hint im no way interested in any association .... think i'll be putting him straight soon ...hope he's aggressive towards me that's all I can say lol

most the cancers i meet are builders, Painter turned builder,Electrician turned builder,Carpenter turned builder the only trade i haven't met some **** turned builder is a plasterer!
But then builders turn plasterers :RpS_unsure:

Yeah well I did 500m2 and was home for 2pm got paid thousands and living the life of Riley!! :rolleyes)

:RpS_lol:

Well i spent the day skimming some of the upstairs of a new build i priced on and did not get last year so, thank you Mr builder turned plaster who skimmed it first cos i am now being payed more or less what i priced for the whole house just for skimming the upstairs :RpS_thumbup:

Bricklayer today came to move a bathroom window 100mm as it came halfway across the shower enclosure, he's coming back tomorrow to move it 200mm as he moved it the wrong way, what a tool hahaha.

lol. what is a chancer? someone who is not qualified? i have been on coarse and have city ang guilds. i am going to do a damp proofing coarse as well.how many members have been on a coarse and how many are chancers?

Chancers = people who talk a good game....and if bullshit was a trade theyd be the highest paid in the world !!

I've noticed a few newbies on here guilty of a bit of billy bullshite !! Can't help thinking some are on a wind up?? But wonder if some actually believe the garbage they come out with!???
Anyways been rendering today used all 8 ton up so had to come home till they drop more gear off! Sun went on it and all perfect not a shadow in sight!!:rolleyes)
I sprayed 400m2 of mono ,bad day as the lad did not turn in :RpS_biggrin:

lol mate. if you are laughing at me you are laughing at spence and joe who taught me and they have been in it for years. they thought i was good enough ....so what is funny?

lol. what is a chancer? someone who is not qualified? i have been on coarse and have city ang guilds. i am going to do a damp proofing coarse as well.how many members have been on a coarse and how many are chancers?
A chancer is someone that spells "COURSE" wrong

I over skimmed an Artex ceiling in a bathroom then had a cup of tea and a buscuite.
Time for a lunch break then over skim the hall ceiling with a cup of tea and biscuite while cleaning some of my trowels. Total bags used 2, some PvA and a little scrim then home for 4. Total wage earned was £thousands and I don't bull. :RpS_mellow:

You might have a city and guilds qualification but it's certainley not in spelling!!!

A course doesnt mean much to be honest fair enough you get a good idea nothing can beat learning actually on the tools , and experience is everything really . Skimming a wall is straight forward .... Well it should be its when the problems hit etc when ya na if they know what they r doing, or if they just start running around abit like a chicken at a chicken factory ...... Am not having a go at dave the doggg before he says out just the way i see it . U can get the basics from a course but thats about it. A better shut up before his cousin comes heard hes a hard fellin , the main doggg . The bounty hunterrr

Status
Not open for further replies.