Show us yer dog...

Members online

Little George just turned 1 and just shy of 25kg. We rehomed his brother Zippy to a retired policeman and his wife and hes enjoying a very pampered life now and both me and Mrs Marshy very happy for him. Will probably take on more when we move home in next month or so (y)
12985412_1794539684102568_4764963688342588091_n.jpg

where you moving Greg staying in Chorley or have you seen the light an moving to manny haha
Hahaha no mate going to a little quiet place called Mere Brow on the way to Southport. Massive garden tho hence more space to foster more dogs/animals (y)

image.png
"Lucky" she's 5 and loves to chase cats /rats ,birds infact anything that moves and given a chance does a Houdini to do just that generally with me leaping fences etc behind her. She thinks it's great fun despite my feelings on it.:frenetico:

This is my older one of 2 dogs got him about 18 months ago , was kept in a cage for breeding by some w**k*r all the time,when I got him he was petrified of people other dog's and basically anything or any sound now he is 95% normal but is very protective if people come in house to visit .. Second picture is the newest addition again rehomed had him 6 months they are a great 2 pack now just trying to calm the younger ones play biting down he just turned 1 year and thinks he is the boss of house.

CollageNokiaImageSDK_612f6386-3c99-4d9a-8c70-a22aeada484e.jpg
FB_20160512_07_07_54_Saved_Picture.jpg

Nice thread this, we thinking of another but don't know what's best to have with a young kid, I've heard labradors have a lot of tolerance for kids.

I saw a thing on the telly that said labradors were the most common to bite.

Nice thread this, we thinking of another but don't know what's best to have with a young kid, I've heard labradors have a lot of tolerance for kids.
Staffies great with kids mate just some are badly treated or trained to do things they shouldn't! !!

I saw a thing on the telly that said labradors were the most common to bite.
Fair enough, I saw that they like the robust play and take to kids...this is why we're holding off as it's got to be a good well informed decision with having a young kid @Marshy don't think my Mrs would go for a staffy although I've know loads of lovely ones when I was growing up, I just think the bull terrier in the name would scare her off

Any dog can be a problem for young children as (depending on age) dogs are not toys you can pull ears or poke in the eye and expect not to get bitten !!?? My old staffie was subject to young toddlers doing this when my missus did child minding years ago. My staffie even had to be covered in the crb policy lol. Staffies can tolerate a lot more than most other breeds. It's up to you mate staffies have bad press but no dog would defend your child like a staffie would.

This is my older one of 2 dogs got him about 18 months ago , was kept in a cage for breeding by some w**k*r all the time,when I got him he was petrified of people other dog's and basically anything or any sound now he is 95% normal but is very protective if people come in house to visit .. Second picture is the newest addition again rehomed had him 6 months they are a great 2 pack now just trying to calm the younger ones play biting down he just turned 1 year and thinks he is the boss of house.

View attachment 13529 View attachment 13530

I had a giant one as a kid... way too big for my parents house

I'd have a staff if left to me
staffies are great with kids @Lodan, hence the reason they are know as the nanny dog,, i know its good to get a rescue dog but in your case i would recommened getting a puppy so it grows up with your child and is brought up the way you want,, forget all the bad press, a well trained and loved staffie is such a gentle loving dog

I'm getting a cockapoo beginning of October for the missus. Had a bernese mountain dog a few years ago. Loved that dog. Gave her some liver and onion one night as a treat. Have a cat, now, kitty.

I'm getting a cockapoo beginning of October for the missus. Had a bernese mountain dog a few years ago. Loved that dog. Gave her some liver and onion one night as a treat. Have a cat, now, kitty.
They look so lovely but it's all that fur a pain in the behind day to day buddy?

My parents have one... great dog

Yeah the bernese was lovely. Great temperature. Used to get stopped by other dog walkers every time I took her out. But yeah, needed a lot of grooming. That's why the missus wants a cockapoo because they don't shred hair. We got the bernese from a rescue. Shed been abandoned in Delamere forest with her sister. f**k**g the matter with people. Think dogs take after their owners, though. She was so laid back.