Should I or shouldn’t I!?

B
Best thing I ever did . Just try and price a weeks work for your expected wage and take it from there . You can’t go wrong . Even if you just did one ceiling a day or half a room your gonna piss £500 a week
U talk s**t wash your mouth out

Hello all,

I’ve never posted on here before but have been a member for years so wanted to pick everyone’s brains if that’s ok.

I’ve been out of the game for a good few years now and wondered what the current state of play was regarding how busy it was out there and if you are making a decent living?
I’m talking about private work really, I’m not and never have been into site work by the metre.
Extensions, internal alterations, re-skims etc. would be what I’d target as a 1 man band. It would take me a few jobs to get back up to a decent pace, but after doing my inlaws single storey extension before Christmas my finish is still ok and I’m clean and tidy.
Obviously I don’t expect anyone to disclose exactly what you earn, but an idea of a ballpark would be grand.
Thanks in advance
A grand a week is about the average. Start at 8 leave between 3 and 4, but don't really take breaks and when I'm at work I work unlike most other trades. Wouldn't ever go back to being employed unless I'm forced to. Quoting on evenings is the only bit that I don't like about it, but got to be done

Have you thought the only thing holding you back Andy is a nice bag of weed

It’s always been the same . All other trades have tea breaks and plod on etc... but a good fast plasterer can earn his wage for
Dinner time . It’s a dog eat dog world the plastering game on site . Only the strong survive . Don’t blame the plumber and sparks for plodding on . They had the sense to choose that trade .
Its only dog eat dog if you don't stand up for yourself I've had gangs put a bead up in a plot to try and claim it before I just tell them to f**k off

Its only dog eat dog if you don't stand up for yourself I've had gangs put a bead up in a plot to try and claim it before I just tell them to f**k off
Lol. I remember when I was on commercial work there was one spread who used to hide all the beads and tape when they got delivered. You turn up next morning and he taped and beaded everything. Even used to take hose connecters home with him so you couldn’t fill your barrels. Got to the point where everyone started doing the same .

Lol. I remember when I was on commercial work there was one spread who used to hide all the beads and tape when they got delivered. You turn up next morning and he taped and beaded everything. Even used to take hose connecters home with him so you couldn’t fill your barrels. Got to the point where everyone started doing the same .

What’s your thoughts on site work vs domestic

It only plastering scum bags that do, this is want the job is now, plasterer not all are low life just a bit better than been on benefits

Yep had all that before you have to have a little word

What’s your thoughts on site work vs domestic
Site is shite . Too much health and safety . If your on price your only getting paid for what you do . So for example no windows in gaffa says not my problem. Plumber not finished yet . Gaffa says not my problem and so on . You get the jist. Does gaffa day don’t worry about come back tomorrow and I’ll pay you for today sorry to waste your time . No that don’t happen . I’d rather go on a s**t domestic at the bottom of my street even if I have to pva and sheet down then hoover up after . But get that cash at end of the day . And get some appreciation for the nice job I’ve left . Only go on site if I’ve got nowt on . Which is very rare now days .

Site is shite . Too much health and safety . If your on price your only getting paid for what you do . So for example no windows in gaffa says not my problem. Plumber not finished yet . Gaffa says not my problem and so on . You get the jist. Does gaffa day don’t worry about come back tomorrow and I’ll pay you for today sorry to waste your time . No that don’t happen . I’d rather go on a s**t domestic at the bottom of my street even if I have to pva and sheet down then hoover up after . But get that cash at end of the day . And get some appreciation for the nice job I’ve left . Only go on site if I’ve got nowt on . Which is very rare now days .
Dont happen on the sites I work on commercial is shite I stick to house bashing lot better

Google max quartermaine best labourer ever
1954835.main_image.jpg