Should I be concerned?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBPlasteringmcr

Just been to price a job rendering a 3 bed semi, he already had a spread start it, front of house has been beaded and part scratch coat. He told me the other spread took half his materials and ****** off he's never seen him again.Should I be concerned why the other spread ****** off?

Yeah be cautious mate,you never know.just be polite and arrange some stage payments so as you don't get stung at the end.the other guy might have tried to run with a deposit or something.

Yes!!!!!be very concerned!why would a plasterer start bead up start an go? Dont do none of that part payment nonsense either way hes gonna knock you.were the beads put up correcly by someone who looked like they knew what they were doing?run my friend too many out thier at moment taking piss.

I had one of these earlier this year. I priced for the job originally but he found someone 30% cheaper. The bloke started, hacked off and then started to put on. It was obvious to the customer he was a have a go. He got the boot and the client sheepishly asked me to finish the job.

As it happened some T*!t cancelled me with 5 days notice and this job conveniently came up at the right time. Job got done and everyone was happy.

I would be a bit cautious though if the previous guys work looks to be ok. He may have took a good deposit and done a runner or didn't get a stage payment and done a runner.

The beads don't look like they've been done too well, but the 3/4 of the wall that has been scratch coated looks pretty much okay. Apart from the original render hasnt been hacked off, just rendered over.

If you do not know whats underneth be very carefull.You cant guarntee the finnish, make sure you give them that in writing.

Go with your instincts.the fact your even talking on here about it tells me it reallyvisnt sitting right with you.theres only one thing worse than having no work an thats working an getting turned over.

How much do you need the work ?,always say to the owner pay you every day ,or ask for the number of the first plasterer ,if he says no to that ,walk away .best of luck

Another spread giving the big i am at cheaper than tesco prices,and done himself out of pocket i expect.but every right to be cautious

if you have other work to be getting on with kindly turn it down, if you need it then no choice, as others have said no guarantee unless you start from scratch.

I was suppose to phone him yesterday, I don't really want it but it's work ain't it. Even if I was fully booked for the next 10 years in my eyes I'd still need the work lol more work more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.