Should Asbestos Artex Be Removed Licenced Contrators?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Sach 9.5mm are a bit lighter than 12.5mm, but it wouldnt make much difference.
Say on a 15m2 ceiling 12.5mm boards would only be the weight of a bag of plaster heavier than 9.5mm boards and this weight is spanned across the whole ceiling so not much difference.

i used my mates the other week for the first time and i have no idea why iv never considered buying any before.

i used my mates the other week for the first time and i have no idea why iv never considered buying any before.

They're good then, excellent, I've not even got mine out of the box yet and we've got a ceiling that's about 13ft up to do next week.

yeah theyre excellent.

your really modernising at the moment arent u andy. a ritmo and now a board lifter. whatever next?

has the ritmo arrived yet?

yeah theyre excellent.

your really modernising at the moment arent u andy. a ritmo and now a board lifter. whatever next?

has the ritmo arrived yet?

Even us old gits have to have to get with the times once in a while. I might even get rid of the plodger and get a whisk.
To be honest I absolutely hate tacking and always have so wont be doing much of it in the future either.
The Ritmo isn't here yet but should be with us in time to have a crack with the Spray Finish on this job

Its a con artex aint harmful it contains asbestos but not the harmful stuff that kills you, the scary thing that i was told by a structual engineer was not to over board ceilings as it can causes extra stress to the joist's especially on old property's and i have over boarded hundreds of ceilings :RpS_unsure:

I find it amazing regarding the attached quote asbestos containing artex or textured coating is not the "Harmful stuff that kills"Textured decorative coatings containing asbestos are thin decorative and textured finishes, such as paints and ceiling plasters, used to produce visual effects. These coatings are designed to be decorative and any thermal or acoustic properties are incidental to their purpose. The proportion of asbestos in such coatings is normally between 2–5% chrysotile.

All forms of asbestos are harmful and statistics released show that asbestos kills more people than any other single work related illness fact it is on average taking the lives of 4500 innocent workers in the UK alone generally from innocent workers breaking into the fabric of the building without asking the question is asbestos present

I find it amazing regarding the attached quote asbestos containing artex or textured coating is not the "Harmful stuff that kills"Textured decorative coatings containing asbestos are thin decorative and textured finishes, such as paints and ceiling plasters, used to produce visual effects. These coatings are designed to be decorative and any thermal or acoustic properties are incidental to their purpose. The proportion of asbestos in such coatings is normally between 2–5% chrysotile.

All forms of asbestos are harmful and statistics released show that asbestos kills more people than any other single work related illness fact it is on average taking the lives of 4500 innocent workers in the UK alone generally from innocent workers breaking into the fabric of the building without asking the question is asbestos present

And you are????...........:rolleyes)

I prop boards on ceiling with my nob... then screw away.... as for artex.. dont mess around with that asbestos boys.. if you seen some of the HSE videos on it, neither would you, and theres no such thing as '' harmless asbestos '' you only breathe it in once...

Old thread, weirdly revived but as we're on the subject...

does everyone on here test artex for asbestos before scraping?

im gonna invent a scraper with a tray that has a vacuum attachment (like a wall paper steamer ) :RpS_thumbup:
**** i just gave my secret away :huh:
**** it whos in to help me make one?

im gonna invent a scraper with a tray that has a vacuum attachment (like a wall paper steamer ) :RpS_thumbup:
**** i just gave my secret away :huh:
**** it whos in to help me make one?

Genius! I came up with an invention t'other day. A little fan that clips on a hand saw and blows sawdust away so u can see your line.

Status
Not open for further replies.