Shikkui plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought Lee but they're just planning on making money out of training to use the gear without a care as to whether it catches on with customers or not. When things are tight people will train to use a new product hoping it will be the next cash cow even when it hasn't a hope.

Yes I think your spot on there Andy :RpS_thumbup:
Sad but true.

He's sucked you into his hair brain ideas Jace don't listen to him ffs he's a Mudmonster :RpS_laugh:

we have just completed a eco estate of 4 houses on 150 acres of land in suffolk, it was all lime plastering on reed mats,

you should have posted some pics in the lime section marra................:RpS_thumbup:

you should have posted some pics in the lime section marra................:RpS_thumbup:

the customer, a very wealthy woman, wanted her estate to be original, eco friendly, and the land farmed by heavy horses. and as she told me , i have the money to have what i want, nobody eles has tried it, it does not have to make a profit.
the estate had been abandoned since 1945, just used for farmers for shooting. that was the attraction it was untouched. there was 4 houses, two for staff, one for her self, one for the groom

the customer, a very wealthy woman, wanted her estate to be original, eco friendly, and the land farmed by heavy horses. and as she told me , i have the money to have what i want, nobody eles has tried it, it does not have to make a profit.
the estate had been abandoned since 1945, just used for farmers for shooting. that was the attraction it was untouched. there was 4 houses, two for staff, one for her self, one for the groom

So you met the ex missus then :RpS_laugh:

What happened to clay????clay is the way??? the only way is clay??? Clay is the order of the day????? Etc.
seems so long ago.:RpS_crying:
now its this shitkui gear!!!!:!
:RpS_mad:

I met up with Paul briefly 3 weeks ago while i was working up his neck of the woods. The clay finishes are as beautiful as the Shikkui and should definitely not be overlooked by people looking for a superb finish!!!

I met up with Paul briefly 3 weeks ago while i was working up his neck of the woods. The clay finishes are as beautiful as the Shikkui and should definitely not be overlooked by people looking for a superb finish!!!

How much have you been paid to say that? :RpS_unsure:

How much have you been paid to say that? :RpS_unsure:

Nothing mate honestly. Those special finishes are top notch. I know they're not everyones cup of tea but i can see huge potential in the future. At the end of the day people are always looking for something different or unique and the clay and shikkui plaster fullfils both of those requirements.

Nothing mate honestly. Those special finishes are top notch. I know they're not everyones cup of tea but i can see huge potential in the future. At the end of the day people are always looking for something different or unique and the clay and shikkui plaster fullfils both of those requirements.

Fair enough mike, have you ordered any shikkui or clay for any jobs lined up mate ?

Lee you're not having any of it are you lol

Steve all I want is some simple answers mate, but having no luck.
Shame really as I was interested in it :RpS_unsure:

Here's a few more:

•What if you over work it does it look sh1t or can it be tidied up?

•Does it crack when it's dried out?

•Is it expensive? eg: would joe bloggs have it in his house?

Fair enough mike, have you ordered any shikkui or clay for any jobs lined up mate ?

Not as yet but its certainly a future possibility. I had a chat with Danny yesterday about setting my website up which is going to be based on special finishes so hopefully should be doing a lot more of that sort of thing later this year

Not as yet but its certainly a future possibility. I had a chat with Danny yesterday about setting my website up which is going to be based on special finishes so hopefully should be doing a lot more of that sort of thing later this year

Nice one you'll have to put a link up :RpS_thumbup:

like i said we went down to see an eco house that was done in clay and it looked nice, and there is another one quite big thats all being done in shikkui

I did hear that the Claymonster was working on a car for whoever pushed the most gear for him :RpS_thumbup:

:razz:

What kind of car is that??? Is it a clayvelier .....
. Sorry....:RpS_blushing:
.ok
I'm goin:-(

A japanese shikkui master...wow!! thats quit a title.....so, we've gone from clay and now its shikkui...and a master of shikkui....do u mean a master of distribution and 'sales', marketing????...or as an applicator???....because to be refered to as a master!!...well u must have been using this long before u started your clay campaign on here.....nisus has asked some questions, like a lot of questions that were asked about the clay and never got answered??...i'd like to think personnaly that someone teaching a new product is a master to be teaching it and has more experience than the guy he's teaching..lol...as lets face it when your sent out in to the field with a new product you will need someone with experience in a wide range of situations to advize, not a salesman who's learnt about the product and done a few samples boards...i had my doubts more with the clayplasterman after asking questions which never got answered on here rather than the clay products themselves and i'd have to say the same about the shikkui, unless proven otherwise of course...from reading the website this is the japanese version of marmorino just with another label with marketing to make out its something unique and different...which its not...it may have different combinations of fibres in etc, but nothing u could'nt get hold of here and make yourself.....as with marmorino...its lime (binder), calcium carbonate (aggregate) and various oils...for marmorino the calcium carbonate is marble dust, for shikkui its crushed egg shells, or so i gather from the website....i can't comment on the performance and quality because i've not used it and i've not seen it, but 80% of that is in the hands of the applicator, ...what i do know is it will for sure be a lot more expensive than marmorino by the time it gets here...and lets face facts, marmorino here is nothing short of extaution!!! and we get laughed at in a big way in Europe for buying synthetic labelled shite from the italians..
and then when u need a bulk order, how long is that gonna take to arrive..lol

A japanese shikkui master...wow!! thats quit a title.....so, we've gone from clay and now its shikkui...and a master of shikkui....do u mean a master of distribution and 'sales', marketing????...or as an applicator???....because to be refered to as a master!!...well u must have been using this long before u started your clay campaign on here.....nisus has asked some questions, like a lot of questions that were asked about the clay and never got answered??...i'd like to think personnaly that someone teaching a new product is a master to be teaching it and has more experience than the guy he's teaching..lol...as lets face it when your sent out in to the field with a new product you will need someone with experience in a wide range of situations to advize, not a salesman who's learnt about the product and done a few samples boards...i had my doubts more with the clayplasterman after asking questions which never got answered on here rather than the clay products themselves and i'd have to say the same about the shikkui, unless proven otherwise of course...from reading the website this is the japanese version of marmorino just with another label with marketing to make out its something unique and different...which its not...it may have different combinations of fibres in etc, but nothing u could'nt get hold of here and make yourself.....as with marmorino...its lime (binder), calcium carbonate (aggregate) and various oils...for marmorino the calcium carbonate is marble dust, for shikkui its crushed egg shells, or so i gather from the website....i can't comment on the performance and quality because i've not used it and i've not seen it, but 80% of that is in the hands of the applicator, ...what i do know is it will for sure be a lot more expensive than marmorino by the time it gets here...and lets face facts, marmorino here is nothing short of extaution!!! and we get laughed at in a big way in Europe for buying synthetic labelled shite from the italians..
and then when u need a bulk order, how long is that gonna take to arrive..lol

@jack88 fair comments and opinions welcomed pal as always but lighten up a little lol, shikkui master/applicator just having the crack and a bit of banter. Yes many questions need answearing and as with all new products they need to be tried and tested and i agree after playing with them i found it very similar to marms, stucos and various venetian products to my surprise. I dont know much about clay and am not takeing sides as i have un biased opinions but what i do no is am happy and surportive to my fellow spreads trying to do well for them selfs and helping each other expand wether its word of mouth, abit of salesman tactics or networking ect. Am all for decorative plaster and new matierals as am quite artisic and enjoy producing unique finishes and being able to offer something different to the customers. I dont agree with 1 week plastering courses but agree with a young lad who dont know any beter trying to get a trade and do something with his life. 2 day diy courses making sample boards gets u no were true {but} we all have to learn the basics somewere. I went from sample boards to doing the same wall at me mams house over ten times before i became confident in getting out there in jo bloggs houses. God nows how long it will take to get our answears and even @Nisus answears lol but this ''contemporary artex'' is....................... to be continued or even dis-continued i suppose.
Either way, 20 quid bet says itll still be used in japan in another 100 years haha :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big companys like BG and Clayworld will pass you questions up the chain of command and give you and answer once its been brainstormed at board level....................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.