shellac replacement

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackney93

Hi im at college and wanting to start doing some fibrous work to sell and was wondering if ahyone knows of a replacement for shellac to seal the plaster as shellac isnt too cheap

Thanks Reece

Hi guys thanks for the welcome. Good to hear about helping each other out. Currently on level 1 diploma at leeds college of building finished the practical side so just messing with some fibrous ideas. But really enjoying that side of it so want to try have that as a good amount of my work so was just wondering about the shellac if there is anything cheaper to replace it as I don't have a big budget atm to get started.
Thanks again

Yeah getting plenty in now like I said done my practical work so learning all the extra bits. Just going to be doing simple stuff to start with see how much of a market there is where I'm based.
No directly has helped me with a lot really knows his stuff when it comes to fibrous.

Shellac is the best way to go mate, dont skimp on it.

few people have said they used g4 pond sealer, but tried and didn't find it that good.

Ryan, how do you stick yout profiles when draw on paper onto the sheet metal?

i use spray mount now, but i use to, as it was taught this way, you would paint the tin with shellac, and light it before it dried, then once it went out, paint it again and light it again, then the paper would stick to the tin.

so dont knock it yet mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.