Replace tiles with render

Members online

Rob73

Hi all im a novice plasterer and need advice on replacing the tiled section of a bay window with render ie what materials would i need and beading if required any advice would greatly be appreciated thanks
Screenshot_20240408-111614_Chrome.jpg

I've done a few the old school way as follows;
1. Strip off tiles, timber lats, sarking, leadwork.
2. Insulate? Total subject on its own.
3. Breathable membrane.
4. Thin plywood.
5. Building paper.
6. Stainless Steel EML.
7. Beads, drip and I put a stop at top butted up to underside of window cill that way you can run a thin layer of clear silicone when render dry for future window changes without cracking render.
8. Choice of render system. S&C or thin coat system.

There are a range of flexible backer boards that will replace steps 3-6. @Runswithscissors?

You really are a novice mate !!!
Have you tried " the plastering" yet ?????
Yeah of course i have worked with a plasterer for years when i was younger mostly skimming walls and rendering walls just never tackled what im wanting to do with this job, if you dont know theres no shame in asking for advice

I've done a few the old school way as follows;
1. Strip off tiles, timber lats, sarking, leadwork.
2. Insulate? Total subject on its own.
3. Breathable membrane.
4. Thin plywood.
5. Building paper.
6. Stainless Steel EML.
7. Beads, drip and I put a stop at top butted up to underside of window cill that way you can run a thin layer of clear silicone when render dry for future window changes without cracking render.
8. Choice of render system. S&C or thin coat system.

There are a range of flexible backer boards that will replace steps 3-6. @Runswithscissors?
Thank you for the advice much appreciated