setting up the business

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRAN

when you guys set up your business did you see how it would go first before telling the taxman and doing it properly. what i mean is did you have a month or so first to see if you could achieve a living from setting up your business and then just say to the taxman i set up a month ago. if you cannot make a living then you would maybe not say anything because you earned no money and it would just be a lot of paperwork?

To be honest i think its 6 month grace you get before having to ring hmrc stating your self employed , it used to be in anyways ....

This should be posted in the Fake Member section. I think it's near the G** section somewhere at the bottom of the home page.

thank you. six months is good. i will check with them as well. i did not want o spend loads of money first and then the business not work

lol. we all start somewhere my friend. i have a range of diy tools from ladders and drills to trowels etc.. i have a platform for ceilings. i have a tile cutter etc

hello. my trowel is marshalstown. and also my hawk. lol i do not understand why you think i am not real. ask simon from diyschool. someone said the other day that he knew simon. maybe you do not have many bangladeshis on here

hello. my trowel is marshalstown. and also my hawk. lol i do not understand why you think i am not real. ask simon from diyschool. someone said the other day that he knew simon. maybe you do not have many bangladeshis on here

How much a day do u think your worth.

lol it will be what the customers will think that i am worth. but i will start out at £130 a day. i have been busy doing jobs for extended family and associates for £50 per day for mates rates up until now. i am trying to finish the website from the pacakge and hope that business will boom when that appears

U get 3 months 2 inform hmrc if you are setting up your own business...imram..

Most of all u need 'experience' or u will fail before you have even started

thanks mate. i have seen that on google. i have been in business before afew years ago so i think that it will be fine

no we did not have training. we had no work and so decided to create work for ourselves. i think you have a problem with me. is it because i am bangladeshi?

£130 a day after 26 days training!!!! Apprentices can do 3-4 years training and don't ask for that to begin with. I don't think anyone has a problem with you but it just sounds a little silly taking that kind of money from people with your lack of experience. Please if you want to do this try and get some proper tradesmen to show you the ropes and pursue a real course with an accredited qualification.

£130 a day after 26 days training!!!! Apprentices can do 3-4 years training and don't ask for that to begin with. I don't think anyone has a problem with you but it just sounds a little silly taking that kind of money from people with your lack of experience. Please if you want to do this try and get some proper tradesmen to show you the ropes and pursue a real course with an accredited qualification.

Hi Imran, you will be competing with established plasterers who have all the experience they need. You will not only have to be good at what you are doing but be able to turn out the quantity as well as quality.

So when pricing for jobs @ £130 a day is irrelevant, as if it takes you 2 days to do a days plastering you will not get the job, simple as that. So quality will show with your customer feedback and recommendations but you will have to start to be competitive and take it from there. If you have not acquired the speed yet then you may find you will be earning a lot less than your competitors.

Also consider if you are not going to declare then you may be traced by payment by cheque. To get cash on every job usually means a discount!

You are starting at the right time of year but it could take a year or two to get an established name.

Good luck with it and don't start with the racist crap on here your blood is red like anyone else's.

With regard to setting up as self employed, yes, you have to inform HMRC within 3 months of starting. As for the rest of it... from my limited knowledge, plastering, as with most trades, is a skilled profession - so forgive me but 26 days training seems a little short!

Status
Not open for further replies.