Setting render beads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyboy

Hi guys

what do material do you use when sticking beads on new block work and uneven stone backgrounds .

Dab......................spunky taught me that one.......................................:RpS_thumbup:

depends on the back ground, push them into sand and cement, or dab them with external quality ceramic tile adhesive.

I use galvanised nails - not sure dab are poor practice?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Won't get away with that round here! We are on the coast and really exposed. Would have rust spots in no time. Plus if you use nails on plastic beads and the substrate is pissed it's really difficult to not get a kink in the bead and need to put nails in all over the shop to stop it.
I use wall addy to set the bead but the main fixing is the cement itself. Not had a problem in last 12 yrs of using plastic beads.
If the block work is good, nice and plumb I use stixall (good stuff)

:RpS_lol:why not use hardwall to stick render beads, or some left over bonding coat? Call me old fashioned but I don't use internal materials on render :rolleyes)

I'm going to have to stop coming on this forum, I find myself giving people sarcastic replies more and more every day

I was doing an internal job for a customer & the bricky outside was putting 2 small windows in the main wall, anyway after they was in I saw him dab the galvanised beads on with out of date multi, then rendered it with one coat of render using building sand lol. :RpS_biggrin:
Then he tyroleaned it the next morning & got it all over the glass & wiped it with a dry old rag after leaving most of it on the glass & he didn't even try to blend it in to existing wall :RpS_unsure:
The same bricky I heard put some coving up on a job with drywall addy which is fine but it was on silk emulsion in a kitchen & it all came down :RpS_laugh:

I was doing an internal job for a customer & the bricky outside was putting 2 small windows in the main wall, anyway after they was in I saw him dab the galvanised beads on with out of date multi, then rendered it with one coat of render using building sand lol. :RpS_biggrin:
Then he tyroleaned it the next morning & got it all over the glass & wiped it with a dry old rag after leaving most of it on the glass & he didn't even try to blend it in to existing wall :RpS_unsure:
The same bricky I heard put some coving up on a job with drywall addy which is fine but it was on silk emulsion in a kitchen & it all came down :RpS_laugh:

yeah ah he tyroleaned the glass cos you kept laughing at him. :RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.