Self employment, is it really worth it?

Members online

Yep, I'm mortgaged up and have 3 little whipper snappers so it's work work work, if I'm trying to keep arse hole customers happy the flecking wife moans and vice versa, think I'm fighting a loosing battle here :ROFLMAO:
Always a rainbow waiting round the corner in this game lol
Enjoy the kids with your missus , that's the important bit

is that near greenock
Near Harry Potters gaff
Screenshot_20200702-213604_Samsung Internet.jpg

been self employed 27 years now, could not work for anybody ,get used to being your own boss and freedom,problem is i and many others like me are unemployable,..know a plumber who packed in and went to tesco, he lasted 6 weeks ,back on tools ,.....but self employment is not for everybody,......know a painter who did not like meeting or talking to people.totally anti social,now a postman

been self employed 27 years now, could not work for anybody ,get used to being your own boss and freedom,problem is i and many others like me are unemployable,..know a plumber who packed in and went to tesco, he lasted 6 weeks ,back on tools ,.....but self employment is not for everybody,......know a painter who did not like meeting or talking to people.totally anti social,now a postman
I know a kid and its going to send him fucki g nuts

CC8315F7-6786-441D-8E70-BC2446215BEA.png

I got a few sneaky pics - guide said this plasterwork was done 200yr ago by artisan Italian plasterers. Told her I was a plasterer and she said the lime rendering on the outside had been stripped in the 1960’s and replaced with cement rendering and there was now loads of damp - I gave her my business card but not had a call yet :)

Love it . Be consistent with your prices . Hold your ground . Do a good job and turn up . Reply to messages . The rest will follow .

How do chaps cope with self employment? Sometimes I feel like jacking it all in, the hours you spend looking at potential jobs then having to work a price out on top of a days graft, all the work comes at once and all want you there yesterday, van packs in, work load get puts back putting more pressure on you, laid in bed wide awake because cogs are spinning. I sometimes wonder is it worth it.
Its got its pros and cons mate. Work as much as you want, take days off when you like, work life balance, nobody to answer to. Listen to your own radio station.

Nobody to talk to if you work alone, no holiday pay. Everyone wants you at the same time, phone doesn't ring for 2 weeks and then you've got 15 jobs to look at a week later.
Could be worse;)

How do chaps cope with self employment? Sometimes I feel like jacking it all in, the hours you spend looking at potential jobs then having to work a price out on top of a days graft, all the work comes at once and all want you there yesterday, van packs in, work load get puts back putting more pressure on you, laid in bed wide awake because cogs are spinning. I sometimes wonder is it worth it.
Where do you start to reply to that thread.