Self employment, is it really worth it?

loky11

How do chaps cope with self employment? Sometimes I feel like jacking it all in, the hours you spend looking at potential jobs then having to work a price out on top of a days graft, all the work comes at once and all want you there yesterday, van packs in, work load get puts back putting more pressure on you, laid in bed wide awake because cogs are spinning. I sometimes wonder is it worth it.

How do chaps cope with self employment? Sometimes I feel like jacking it all in, the hours you spend looking at potential jobs then having to work a price out on top of a days graft, all the work comes at once and all want you there yesterday, van packs in, work load get puts back putting more pressure on you, laid in bed wide awake because cogs are spinning. I sometimes wonder is it worth it.

Its s**t...thread closed!!!

I sub to firms on new builds so now aggro dealing with idiotscwasting time on shite over skims

I sub to firms on new builds so now aggro dealing with idiotscwasting time on shite over skims
Some of these shite over skims can pay well though but I fully agree they are the shite and hate doing them.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
You could say that haha, think I've taken on more then I can handle but hate turning work down, I don't trust any one who I don't know in my area to help me, every one i do trust are too busy,
If it aintvtherecwork or name no one gives a s**t discovered that years ago

I know I spent years doing my own work couldn't be arsed now personally. Give me a plot and a meterage price any day of the week

Wouldn't mind that at all I could live with that, get a plot, finish that then move onto next, ahhhh I can only dream :LOL:

Wouldn't mind that at all I could live with that, get a plot, finish that then move onto next, ahhhh I can only dream :LOL:
I found it wasn't the work that was piss easy . It was the customers and phone calls at night . Oooh no thanks

I found it wasn't the work that was piss easy . It was the customers and phone calls at night . Oooh no thanks
The work doesn't bother me it's builders and customers that think they own you and spit their dummy out because you can't do it there and then.

The work doesn't bother me it's builders and customers that think they own you and spit their dummy out because you can't do it there and then.
All tin pot builders think they own you they think there the only person you work for and sit at home waiting for there two bit extensions to be ready. Ha ha

Take each day as it comes - don’t fret or panic, no other c**t does. If you’re late for a job then you’re late. If it’s not for you then go and work for someone. It’s all about working out your business plan and how to deal with people. You tell customers what you’ll do and when - spit a dummy out, I just laff at them. Self employed is brill :)

drink some strong continental beer mate
you'll soon stop caring (y) (y)

I love hate it. Love the freedom it gives me. The stress when more lined up does my head in but summet all ways comes in ( touch wood)

All tin pot builders think they own you they think there the only person you work for and sit at home waiting for there two bit extensions to be ready. Ha ha
Bang on there djr.hate tin pot builders give u a weeks notice expecting you there on there job yesterday and all that site.. they literally do expect you to sit at the phone waiting on u to be phoned by them,there expect you to not do any1 else's work BUT there are allowed to take numerous jobs on.wankers

Not being inclined to charge correctly was always my problem , didn't seem fair to charge extra to pay for the inevitable cxnt customer you will inevitably meet along the way and everybody is on a tight budget lol
( gotta have a fancy holiday , plasma TV etc , )
I enjoy plastering , those that don't then I have pity for you ,
I like the flexible work hours , it's easy money for what I do , but I wouldn't stick it if I had a mortgage and expensive tastes , live like a posh tramp and only need two days work a month , everything else goes to the kids , peaceful life
We're all brought up to chase and get ahead , many enjoy the race but more just dig themselves an early grave , really sad to spend most of your working hours being bored , unhappy , dirty or knackered and constantly going for what is in effect a job interview in a competitive market

Fxck that lol

I love hate it. Love the freedom it gives me. The stress when more lined up does my head in but summet all ways comes in ( touch wood)
This is exactly why I'm still self employed, I value the freedom side of things too much, I suppose both employed and self employed have their good and bad points, just at times it really gets to me.

drink some strong continental beer mate
you'll soon stop caring (y) (y)
4205C65C-5A48-4127-8C48-5F789B538EB9.jpeg

A few of these on a Thursday night...happy days, but I’m thick as shite :)

Not being inclined to charge correctly was always my problem , didn't seem fair to charge extra to pay for the inevitable cxnt customer you will inevitably meet along the way and everybody is on a tight budget lol
( gotta have a fancy holiday , plasma TV etc , )
I enjoy plastering , those that don't then I have pity for you ,
I like the flexible work hours , it's easy money for what I do , but I wouldn't stick it if I had a mortgage and expensive tastes , live like a posh tramp and only need two days work a month , everything else goes to the kids , peaceful life
We're all brought up to chase and get ahead , many enjoy the race but more just dig themselves an early grave , really sad to spend most of your working hours being bored , unhappy , dirty or knackered and constantly going for what is in effect a job interview in a competitive market

Fxck that lol

Yep, I'm mortgaged up and have 3 little whipper snappers so it's work work work, if I'm trying to keep arse hole customers happy the flecking wife moans and vice versa, think I'm fighting a loosing battle here :ROFLMAO:

Bang on there djr.hate tin pot builders give u a weeks notice expecting you there on there job yesterday and all that site.. they literally do expect you to sit at the phone waiting on u to be phoned by them,there expect you to not do any1 else's work BUT there are allowed to take numerous jobs on.wankers
Let them know that they are one of many ‘you’ choose to work for - you need at least two weeks notice (or whatever you need), it actually helps them organize themselves :)

Yep, I'm mortgaged up and have 3 little whipper snappers so it's work work work, if I'm trying to keep arse hole customers happy the flecking wife moans and vice versa, think I'm fighting a loosing battle here :ROFLMAO:
You need my ‘screaming-helmet’, i go to the bottom of the garden or sit in the motor with my helmet on and scream...it’s a great stress relief :)

Imo, Self employed is well worth the hassle to get the freedom to choose where when and for how much ! Saying NO ! And if you can wait for me good if not don't! Took time to get to that point but helps for less stress when working to live.