Self employed payment

Members online

What is the abuse that you’re referring to though?
Ok, simple. If you were eligible for payment ,some worked in construction for example when told not 2. stay at home. This still applies in scotland. These guys could have taken a job outside construction.
So these lads i mentioned are picking up £7500 each plus their wages.
Their wages are all extra,it was against scottish guidelines unless they were working on critical infrastructure, to have earned them since lockdown. They are pissing themselves laughing about it.
On one job, so i guess thats fine. And let me say coronavirus has not affected them.
They have weeks to go on plot. And that payment is until end of may.
So its irrelvant if they are affected after it. Its for being affected in that claim period.

And that prick dollar is a funny c**t
Dont grass them.hilarious

Last edited:
Ok, simple. If you were eligible for payment ,some worked in construction for example when told not 2. stay at home. This still applies in scotland. These guys could have taken a job outside construction.
So these lads i mentioned are picking up £7500 each plus their wages.
Their wages are all extra,it was against scottish guidelines unless they were working on critical infrastructure, to have earned them since lockdown. They are pissing themselves laughing about it.
On one job, so i guess thats fine. And let me say coronavirus has not affected them.
They have weeks to go on plot. And that payment is until end of may.
So its irrelvant if they are affected after it. Its for being affected in that claim period.

And that prick dollar is a funny c**t
Dont grass them.hilarious
U reckon @Casper claiming :coffe:

And donzo every1 has a right to claim even if carried on working,every1 is going to be effected one way or the other..theres news today of a 1% tax hike,il take that right now.i was thinking 10%
I applaude the government for assistance, but dont agree, they are working in a plot that is not exempt from closure,like every house building site in scotland that is closed,and they know it.and will be quite a few like them.

So HMRC took my average monthly figure based on 2016/17- 2017/18-2018/19 on declared returns, multiplied by 3 then 80% of that.
I have just got £2880.
PS I didn't work 1 of those years for 9 months due to illness

So HMRC took my average monthly figure based on 2016/17- 2017/18-2018/19 on declared returns, multiplied by 3 then 80% of that.
I have just got £2880.
PS I didn't work 1 of those years for 9 months due to illness
I thought there was just going on last years returns or further back if there needed to etc?

No average of 3 years if available.. less if not been trading that long
Ah right..there know there not guna be paying full whack in £7500 as lads always get it down,thos that say there dont are just lying,unless there snapshot a image saying £7500 as it should easily be that if your a spread and everything on ur return is legit

How is it less generous? There have done more and beyond to help.no country in the world is helping more and I'm saying that as somebody who is hardly getting any! And even if somebody has worked every day there still have a right to claim as it might effect them in the long run as in sourcing materials and booking work in so might aswell claim now whilst there are giving it to cover them times.it will end and then might not have owt booked in or get materials etc,not immoral wrong with claiming at all if worked through it
It's less generous than it first looked was my point. 80% of profit sounds decent for doing f**k all, then you realise your profit isn't anywhere near your income as every expense comes off. Then you realise you get taxed on it, then you realise your universal credit payment will stop as it's classed as income.
Yes it's generous just less so than at first glance

It's less generous than it first looked was my point. 80% of profit sounds decent for doing f**k all, then you realise your profit isn't anywhere near your income as every expense comes off. Then you realise you get taxed on it, then you realise your universal credit payment will stop as it's classed as income.
Yes it's generous just less so than at first glance
Was u claiming universal credit aswell :oops: wow,surely knownody is claiming universal credit aswell as this payment! I agree 100% with them for doing that! Claiming that hss never entered my head

Was speaking to a joiner today as hes claiming.. he said there dont take tax off the payment there make you but off the tax return you put in nxt year? Is that right? No rebates for you boys next year

Was u claiming universal credit aswell :oops: wow,surely knownody is claiming universal credit aswell as this payment! I agree 100% with them for doing that! Claiming that hss never entered my head
I'm not but I know tradesman that are. Oh and the thing that makes it far less generous for me is I went from a ltd company to self employed near the end of a tax year in 2017 and that month or 2 self employed counts as if I earnt it over the whole year which drags my average down massively and costs me a couple of grand

I'm not but I know tradesman that are. Oh and the thing that makes it far less generous for me is I went from a ltd company to self employed near the end of a tax year in 2017 and that month or 2 self employed counts as if I earnt it over the whole year which drags my average down massively and costs me a couple of grand
Ye that's a bummer.but look it as if you was ltd now you would be getting far far less than what your getting now

Whatever you get you pay 20% on it next year plus we’ll have this July and the January bill to pay. Hope the work picks up or we’ll struggle.
Sometimes we’d all be better off on the cards !

Whatever you get you pay 20% on it next year plus we’ll have this July and the January bill to pay. Hope the work picks up or we’ll struggle.
Sometimes we’d all be better off on the cards !
July has been deferred pal till nxt jan

I can see a lot of claims going in which don’t need to be and see it being abused by ghost companies.
If you know what I mean.
That’s already happened. Think I heard on the radio today that 800 complaints have been made about Furlough payment fraud

So robbo..playing devils advocate here,do you now see that you should be charging more than £170 to skim a bedroom ceiling regardless of wether you do it in 3 hours or not?

So robbo..playing devils advocate here,do you now see that you should be charging more than £170 to skim a bedroom ceiling regardless of wether you do it in 3 hours or not?
Not really mate, I earnt well over the amount needed to get the full 7.5k in the tax year just gone (unfortunately it's not included in the calculation). Just previous years cost me

I get F-All. You have to do an on-line qualifying check first and I failed. As a relatively new start-up from nothing business, and being an older and slower fart, I've had a slim 3 years with little profit, so it didn't take much "non-trade" income to cross the 50% threshold.
So in theory I've lost nearly 50% of my income but not done a stroke of work since before shitdown. But paid out for Van mot, insurance, road tax, HETAs insurance, HETAS renewal course (cancelled), and the HETAS membership bill has just come in.
Luckily, the wife is working and I've never expected anything from the Govt. except bills. I'm OK, and I'm not going down, Ever.
You should try that again, you may have cocked a number up on your UTR or NI number. If you have been going for three years and only earning a grand a month that’s still eight hundred a month, not a lot but better than nothing