sealers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurek

Private Member
do you use a water based sealer or solvent and why? i've found the solvent based tend to darken the tile a touch over time. also i care about the environment and so will go with the water based every time.

do you use a water based sealer or solvent and why? i've found the solvent based tend to darken the tile a touch over time. also i care about the environment and so will go with the water based every time.

Probably would depend on if it's a bathroom tile or a quarry tile etc etc but I'm no expert. No point in asking fibre hand, try @cassie :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
i did watch a tiler at work the other week. he did appear to be a cut above most tilers.
he sealed the walls with a thin coat of pva, then applied the adhesive, then placed the tile, then take the tile off the wall to make sure that the back of the tile was totally covered in adhesive before the final placing of the tile. he did this to each tile. the job did look very smart.

I remember once oas1s mentioning that he always uses sand and cement as a backing for tiles, swears by it. I think essexboy agreed that it's the best substrate aswell :RpS_thumbup:

i did watch a tiler at work the other week. he did appear to be a cut above most tilers.
he sealed the walls with a thin coat of pva, then applied the adhesive, then placed the tile, then take the tile off the wall to make sure that the back of the tile was totally covered in adhesive before the final placing of the tile. he did this to each tile. the job did look very smart.

Not the best tiler if he's using pva before tiling

Do you mean a tile or substrate sealer mate ?

to seal the tiles. and agree about the pva thingy :RpS_thumbup:

a lot of people have occupational surnames i.e. cooper, bowman, archer, carpenter etc. do you think my hero wat tyler from the peasants revolt was a tiler :RpS_unsure: i wanted to name my son after him but the missus wouldnt have it. or elliot either because hed get stick about ET :RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.