Scrim tape gun

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinz

Seen a guy couple of weeks ago with a gun to apply fibreglass scrim am I missing something here or has he just made it himself?

Lazy bugger thats what labourers are for! You scrim up tam get all buckets ready n il have a cupasoup ya ****!

Seen a guy couple of weeks ago with a gun to apply fibreglass scrim am I missing something here or has he just made it himself?

Like this one? ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1422562946.348441.jpg

Just like a cardboard box taper then! I cant bring myself to be that lazy although I cant wait till they bring robots out that you can control from Witherspoons to do all your work n give um breasts n a snatch happy days!!

I got one about 15 years back when we did a fair bit of plastering to be honest I used it once coz I thought they were sh1te

I got one about 15 years back when we did a fair bit of plastering to be honest I used it once coz I thought they were sh1te

First one I had years ago had a serrated blade so It used to shred the tape rather then cut it.
The marshalltown one just takes a normal board knife blade so the cuts are always neat.
You also have to use decent scrim aswell, cheap shite that frays would be like pulling teeth.

First one I had years ago had a serrated blade so It used to shred the tape rather then cut it.
The marshalltown one just takes a normal board knife blade so the cuts are always neat.
You also have to use decent scrim aswell, cheap shite that frays would be like pulling teeth.

Yeah this thing has a serrated blade and it snags at it

Here's a tip for fraying tape.
When you open it take your knife and lightly cut the scrim down the side every quarter from the top to the cardboard tube on both sides of the roll.
Hope that makes sense, it works everything.

What make would u say is decent tape?i used the gun a few times and thought it was crap because of tape issue but wish it was good

I got one from wack for nowt when i bought load of render beads................kind of a gadget you dont really need. knocks about a minute off your scrimming up time................................alreet for nowt though

when they first changed from cotton scrim to self adhesive they just to give these away

Last edited:
Used a tape gun couple of years ago. Was great for first roll and after that the scrim would get stuck all the time. Chucked it in bin as it took longer.

I got one from wack for nowt when i bought load of render beads................kind of a gadget you dont really need. knocks about a minute off your scrimming up time................................alreet for nowt though

Aye F*****g chris wudnt sell is one , said a had to buy a deal ffs a month or 2 ago . A said no bother a dont need anything so wont get one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.