Scratching k rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankers

When scratching back k rend im leaving slight lines in the finish and not leaving a natural scraped finish. Am i hitting it to early

Pic

Attachments

• Scratching k rend
    20140912_153430.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,648
It could be a flat or bent tooth on your scraper, how come you've put a stop bead on the corner and not an angle bead mate? Not trying to pick nits just curious?

I was going to say scratcher too sharpe, go and rub it on the pavement for a minute.

But could also be any of the above

Bent tooth
Aggressive scratching (not like the clap)
New scratcher
Possibly a bit soft

Renders too soft, when its the right hardness it's difficult to do that no matter what you do. The scratch should feel dry and raspy with fine dry grit coming away, and you'll definitely need mask and eye protection. For most I see scratching they would say it's almost too hard and their arm hurts...

We've not been scratching until 11am-midday on a 3pm previous day spread with K Rend recently and it's been spot on.

I saw a good video of it the other day on the net, just can't remember where.

Last edited:
Renders too soft, when its the right hardness it's difficult to do that no matter what you do. The scratch should feel dry and raspy with fine dry grit coming away, and you'll definitely need mask and eye protection. For most I see scratching they would say it's almost too hard and their arm hurts...

We've not been scratching until 11am-midday on a 3pm previous day spread with K Rend recently and it's been spot on.

I saw a good video of it the other day on the net, just can't remember where.
It was sticking to my scratcher but ive left it longet before and it's a pain to scratch when its rock hard

It was sticking to my scratcher but ive left it longet before and it's a pain to scratch when its rock hard

Sticking is a big no no. It clumps on the teeth and causes the grooves. Dry and raspy you want. It'll look better and has more chance of matching your samples that you show your customer.

Scratched to early - if it's clogging -scratching isn't that hard when it's set right - weber is a easier -chalky scratch

When scratching back k rend im leaving slight lines in the finish and not leaving a natural scraped finish. Am i hitting it to early
Try ruling off your krend then rub it up like you would normal render with a float. This makes the krend really flat and so much easier to texture rub next day and you get less misses. Also it looks much better when the sun hits it at an angle and you don't get rub lines in it from high/ low spots

How about putting a power float over it with a diamond disc then leaving til hard for the scratch, does this work or will it hairline crack?

Scratched to early - if it's clogging -scratching isn't that hard when it's set right - weber is a easier -chalky scratch

That's what I don't like about weber finished product, after it's been on about 12 months if you rub your hand (or jacket) off it, it leaves a chalky residue all over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easier to work with very easy to scratch just chalky isn't it & no sparkles glinting in the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try ruling off your krend then rub it up like you would normal render with a float. This makes the krend really flat and so much easier to texture rub next day and you get less misses. Also it looks much better when the sun hits it at an angle and you don't get rub lines in it from high/ low spots
Never thought of this. Can you rub it up straight away or wait a bit

With weber or krend do you rule it straight away or let it pick up a bit. Also can I put mesh coat in the 1St pass of colour coat quite new at scratch renders any advice would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.