Scratch render

Members online

Jay d

Hi please can somebody help me im just trying my hand at doing my house in weber pral m. Its my first go trying to render with these products even though ive been plastering for years and done sand and cement render. Ive rented a machine to put it on which seems easy enough. My problem is how soon do you flatten it before u rule it off. It seems a little wet straight away but if i leave it it a while it starts to like drag. Please can anyone explain ?

Get someone who knows what he is doing to help you especially if you are hiring a machine as they are definitely not plug and play!

if you do it yourself rule straight away as within a few minutes it starts to skin over but remember that the more you rule it or flatten it with whatever the wetter it gets. As a beginner put it on too thick if you can and concentrate on ruling it to true and flat with the i bar. And at this time of year and being Pral.m spray late as and get back at dawn.

Thanks for the responses. Thats what i meant i was leaving it a bit too long then flattening it it had all ready staryed to skin over. I know its bot the right weather i just would prefer my house coverd over the winter if poss. I pumped it on today then i flattened while my labourer carried on spraying. It was easier as in it didnt drag. Still need a bit of practice with the levelling as its not the easiest bit it is quite flat and i will use an i bar like u said to just make sure it level in the morn before i rub it up.
I do like the system but it is totally different game to internal plastering like im used to.