Sciatica, what a pain.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry again for slow reply rockhard. I took 1500mgs a day for a week and did feel a bit better, had a bad spasm and went back to square 1. Like us all I have to keep working and had a pretty tough day and set it off. physio is helping and I get good days and bad (mostly bad) starting another course of vit C, got some slow release 1000mg tablets which I have been told are more effective than the usual stuff, started them yesterday, will let you know in 7 days how they have worked out

I asked my gp about it super, he wants to persist with the physio for another 2 weeks before we consider the option.

I asked my gp about it super, he wants to persist with the physio for another 2 weeks before we consider the option.

I had all that nonsense,it was my old woman that was insistent about it,and no I haven't got shares in the drug company lol

Im bracing myself for it if things dont improve, not a good time of year to be taking time off. After the long winter we are finally busy again, will be gutted to miss out on a good run of price work. That said, I will be even more gutted if I dont get it sorted and end up having even longer off

You never know you might b able to get back to work after a few days cos your working and walking now atm,when I had it done I couldn't walk but it enabled me too all be it very slowly

ii had sciatica for about 9 months a few years ago, OK when I was working but absolutely crippling at night, tried everything even bloody yoga but it just would not go, then one day I was working on a site speaking to a sparky who told me his wife had suffered from it, he told me she put two big pillows under the knee of the leg the sciatica was running down and she had never suffered from it since, so for the price of two pillows I thought is would give it a go, after about two full weeks it started feeling less painful and was completely gone after 4 to 5 weeks and it has never returned, might not work for everyone but worth a try

Ive found hanging from a heave bar for 30 seconds x 3 while warming down in the gym has been the stretch for helping with my back pain. Been doing loads of yoga stretch/ core exercises which have eased it abit but the heave bar stretch has worked the best

Status
Not open for further replies.