Sciatica, what a pain.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
av got a memory foam matress to see if that would help my back but the only thing its helped me with is the memory of how much the c@nt cost me............:RpS_crying:

I bought one too last year Arti, bloody thing weighed a ton, probably what knackered my back up in the first place :RpS_cursing:

yes but you get a cracking sleep in them ,we have one as well ,if we ever move i will leave it behind its to heavy to move ............

If I move I will cut mine into hundreds little squares and use it for sponging up :RpS_thumbsup:

i pulled mine last thurs it was killing but its a bit better now, still hurts though

I am no doctor and at your own risk i would suggest finding some where you can hang from with your hands with your feet of the floor,hold this position for as long as you can and this should elongate the spine and ease the pain .repeat a couple of times but be very careful . Hope this helps.
beader the nerve doesnt go near the spine it goes from the hip to the bottom of the leg so hanging wont do owt

Try an ice pack, that reduces the inflammation that puts pressure on the nerve and also while lying on ur back pull your knees to your chest and hold this stretches your lower back. Worked for me mate
dont use ice, ice is for bones and such, heat is for muscles and nerves

Im going to give that a go, you posted about quadrupling daily dosage. Might get myself down boots tomorrow

Olican, Please look at the diagrams below. The large black dot is the point that you massage. The hashed area is the referred pain pattern running down your leg. Please massage those areas as hard as you can. If you feel an intense pain in that area you will know that you have found the correct location. You should feel the pain run down your leg in exactly the same way as the pain that you are experiencing with sciatica. If you manage to find that location, please let me know and I'll tell you how to treat it. Click on the image to enlarge the photo.

View attachment 1892

View attachment 1893

Last edited:
Been away for a few days so sorry for not replying to posts. Thank you all for your input.
In reply, Rockhard. I must admit I was skeptical when I read your first post recommending high dosage of Vitamin C but after following the link you posted I am now on first day Vitamn C, will update you in 4 days. If it works I owe you a good drink as I would probably not have come across that.
Superspread, I have spoken to GP about possible injections and once my condition is correctly diagnosed it will be an option on the table. If that works not only a slap-up but I would even supersize it and chuck in an apple pie
Minh, That diagram shows exactly the point of pain and the shaded areas are the most painful, I am going to have 'Beatty Maneuver' which is a test for piriformis syndrome. Any advice you can offer gratefully received.

Olican, How long have you suffered from Sciatica? Do you only feel pain down the back of your leg or is there also pain down the inside of the front of the leg?

Hello again Super, I have just come back from Doctors and he said an epidural might be the best course of action (is this the same injection that you had) he has requested that I have a scan and I am back into physio tommorrow.

In answer to your question Minh the pain runs down the back of the leg and hits the calf and ankle. I asked the Doc if it was safe to take that much vit c and he told me it would be fine for a short while.I am on my first day of 1000mg, here goes

In answer to your question Minh the pain runs down the back of the leg and hits the calf and ankle.

Olican, The therapy that I am showing you is for the treatment of soft tissue pain. Imagine a muscle, under normal conditions, it is can stretch and relax to perform different exercises. When the muscle becomes damaged, a knot forms and it is unable to stretch and relax. When you try and use that muscle for everyday activities, it refuses to stretch and consequently sends pain down the corresponding nerve fibres, in your case it is in the form of Sciatica.

Please refer to the first of the two diagrams. Stand up and try to find the black dot in the diagram. When you do this, your butt muscles must be relaxed. Press the area with the base of your thumb (you'll need to press fairly deep to pass through the fat layer). You will know when you have found the correct location because the pain will be intense and excruciating. If you manage to locate this point, please let me know.

Hello again Super, I have just come back from Doctors and he said an epidural might be the best course of action (is this the same injection that you had) he has requested that I have a scan and I am back into physio tommorrow.

In answer to your question Minh the pain runs down the back of the leg and hits the calf and ankle. I asked the Doc if it was safe to take that much vit c and he told me it would be fine for a short while.I am on my first day of 1000mg, here goes

least you'll have a canny tan with all that vit c................:RpS_thumbup:

hi oli yea that's exactly what I had done,well it was in the epidural area,this will defo work for ya

saying that, now Ive sat down its hurting like hell

Good, it means that you've found the correct location. If you to press around the surrounding area, you should notice that it does not produce any pain: it is only within the immediate area that produces pain. You should massage this area three times a day. Press for a few seconds sliding the thumb up and down about 1-2 cm and then release. Repeat this 10-20 times. That area will become tender and feel painful the next day, but it will diminish after a few days. You can also mount a door knob onto a piece of wood and lean back and massage that area indirectly instead of using your thumb.

Try to not go ahead with the epidural yet because it will mask the pain and not resolve the underlying issue. You can use that as a last resort.

Thanks for the advice Minh, Im hoping that this is early days for me and epidural is way off. Superspread mentioned that he had more than 2 months off so must of had it really bad. Im in a lot of pain (the mornings are terrible) but with the stretching, advice Ive received on here, meds etc Im hoping I can avoid and major medical treatment.

Thanks for the advice Minh, Im hoping that this is early days for me and epidural is way off. Superspread mentioned that he had more than 2 months off so must of had it really bad. Im in a lot of pain (the mornings are terrible) but with the stretching, advice Ive received on here, meds etc Im hoping I can avoid and major medical treatment.

You're welcome. Keep massaging the area and you'll notice the Sciatica slowly disappear after 3-7 days. If it ever resurfaces, simply massage the same area again :)

believe me vit c works

i had bad sciatica cudnt stay still constant irritation pains down legs the lot.did the vitc c thing as told by a very old chiropractor in miami and ive never had it again

Hey rock, haven't you got U.S. citizenship?
You seen that thread for yank plasterers wanted £6k per month for 3 months.

Home Remedies For A Pinched Sciatic Nerve | LIVESTRONG.COM

this article suggests 1000mg 3 times a day doesnt say how long for .
im sure i quadruppled the daily dose rate for 4 days

You can even take 20 x 1000mg per day over a long duration. The Nobel Prize winner Dr Linus Pauling advocated doses of that magnitude. The best form of Vitamin C is known as Ester C: it contains naturally occurring metabolites which increase absorption :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.