SBR PVA Mesh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterman2

Hi all havent used this site for ages totally forgot about it how is everyone.

Any way Ive been asked to render over existing exterior rendering, its an old 1950s ish solid old skool rrough render not painted its almost like someone has used a k rend scrather or stiff brush and wacked it all over

Customer dosnt want it hacked off just smooth coat sc over the top is this possible and would it be better to mesh first with rend aid or sbr slurry any advise really appreciated thanks in advance ther is only a couple of small crack on it

also what mix would be best 5S 1L 1C :confused:

You mean customer doesn't want to spend anything..................I wouldn't put too much time into a job like this, but if they want you to do the work give them something in writing that covers you as you can't guarantee the existing surface.

Bead it first and dub the beads right out get a good spread with you rend aid it and one coat it with a 5-1

Make sure the surface is clean. Any moss treat with an algicide then pressure wash off. There are several ways, sbr slurry and 2-3 coat S&C render with mesh embedded in the first coat or glass fibre strands in the base coats. Or Sbr slurry coat and 5-1 S&C with 3 ltrs of sbr in the mix, fully meshed and 3 ltrs of sbr in subsequent coats. Or Weber rend-aid and Weber ocr. Fully mesh the rend-aid and any stress points. Is it plain face render? start with a 5-1 base coat waterproofed and make each coat weaker.

It's not sponge finish its more like someones used a stiff brush or k rend scratch tool and hit it all over so it has a good key holes all over it

4- 5 pound per m 20 quid plus per bag depends what you're terms are like mine aren't very good lol

If they do not wish to pay a lot then pva tight coat and sponge finish, I just give up up with some folk what's the point they will not listen.

Just a little disclaimer I've never floated directly over rend aid externally loads inside though it might go off a wee bit quicker start on a smaller panel and see how you get on
can't see why you can't tbh blocks won't grin through and if you weren't floating it you'd just be putting a comb through it

And err you should really be using OCR over rendaid lol
If you did want to keep the base coat same as top coat use CPI

Status
Not open for further replies.