Sand cement

Good afternoon chaps I’ve just sand cemented a couple walls which had issues with damp , the customer put KA tanking slurry on a while ago , I scratch coated it yesterday & put top coat on today & rubbed it up . My question is what finish coat to put on it . A friend I know who’s an old school plastered very good to be fare said to me British gypsum guide lines recommend to leave it 28 days before applying finish coat . My mate prefers Thistle board finish over multi as it tends to shale if it doesn’t dry out completely . I was going back Monday to skim it . Any advice I’d be grateful. Thx in advance.

Attachments

• 0A967C06-23AD-4D71-BB20-2115816E7726.jpeg
    0A967C06-23AD-4D71-BB20-2115816E7726.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 276
Only need to wait till the floating coats not green (damp) so that it’s contracted and shrunk, going on it while it’s shrinking will pull the skim with it and cause cracks everyone associates with solid walls, but it’s just not done properly often. Board finish is nicer imo, just need to control the suction to your need before skimming or you’ll have a hell of a time

Assuming that it's 10-11mm thick. Five days summer, seven days winter. If that's in a warm occupied house I'd give it five days.
The key is absolutely fine. I key sand and cement very lightly.
Are you still using panel pins in a emir float lol ?

People have there own opinion or different methods of doing the job , it’s the easiest job to criticise someone’s work , I certainly don’t claim to be the best plasterer in the world far from it . But now & again if I’m not too sure on something I’d like to think I’ve come to the right forum for advice. ....

People have there own opinion or different methods of doing the job , it’s the easiest job to criticise someone’s work , I certainly don’t claim to be the best plasterer in the world far from it . But now & again if I’m not too sure on something I’d like to think I’ve come to the right forum for advice. ....

I always criticise my own work...keeps me occupied for about 5 seconds :inocente:

Haven’t done any float and set in years and that’s more key than I’ve ever given it with no problems ever, give it four or five days in a warm house it will b good to go I reckon

Just chuck it on , skim sticks to anything.(pva) Plenty skim dry boards that builders have ready for you.

No I went all modern and use 25mm drywall screws barely through the float. Not that I ever get to float with s&c anymore unfortunately.

That’s how my devil float is set up. Recalibrate occasionally with some feeler gauges and engineers blue!

No I went all modern and use 25mm drywall screws barely through the float. Not that I ever get to float with s&c anymore unfortunately.
I'm with you, I've seen c**ts devil floating with dirty ass clout nails, you need one of these to get all the snotters off before skimming.
plane-refina-18-angle-plane-1_1024x1024.jpeg

Too many bare bits without a key.and atleast me getting something wrong wont cost me my livelihood or home.just saying
Just come back on here for a rest, my tape has gone viral on another site, literally having to ration samples to first thousand.

Quick glance over in the evening over everything you’ve floated that day with a big trowel flattens any small bits.

Not seen one of them for years . Wasnt they called a rab or something??
Couldn't say mate, could have different name's over the country, don't want to get into hawk vs handbord territory.
I call it an angle plane.

What are you talking about you daft t**t? His key is fine. Misses aren't areas without a key, they're where the featheredge hasn't touched and the hollow not filled out.
Wow what's with daft t**t fatty? Figure 8 continously and you won't get bare patches all over shop..listen fatty stick to fishing