Sand & Cement on EWI

cooptaza

I just seen a house been done with kingspan insulation board on the outside of a house. It was pinned on with the mushroom pins, loads of them. Then some sort of building paper/vapour barrier. Then on top of that expanded metal lath. Scratch coated and rendered smooth. The guy said he done it before and never had a single crack.

Anyone think this would work.

I just seen a house been done with kingspan insulation board on the outside of a house. It was pinned on with the mushroom pins, loads of them. Then some sort of building paper/vapour barrier. Then on top of that expanded metal lath. Scratch coated and rendered smooth. The guy said he done it before and never had a single crack.

no chance will that system work. eml will expand as the temp differs and crack the sand and cement.

no chance will that system work. eml will expand as the temp differs and crack the sand and cement.
I know a man who done it inside granny flat 16 yrs ago. Living room small kitchen and bathroom. Insulation sheet pinned to the wall, eml then scratch, float and skim finish. Not one crack to this day. Not sure why he done it this way but he did and it worked.

Different animal external with the sun on it
As the knowledgable malc says it'll crack with the bun on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guarantee 100% it will work! I have used tiles on ewi instead of render and it worked fine!

What a ploker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their is a house down the road from me that was done similar but finished with Pral M, shite finish but no cracks.