s*p*r*lex..... What does a super flex actually do?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley do you blue grit every job ? That's prob what's causing your problems with blisters. Blue grit is mostly for smooth painted surfaces is it not? So therefore I would stick to pva if it's just a normal skim over normal walls . I'm going to get myself one of these sf trowels as well

I use it on all reskims, I can get the client to paint it on for me. Then go in and just have a easier day on it. I did use pva but some walls pulled in quicker then others, with blue grit it all goes off together? Plus will be a guaranteed key!

Working now and blue grit is not blistering as much duno why. I put a thick 1st cost fairly smooth and few blisters appeared and then with second coat too k most of em out. I think the trick is to put a thick 1st coat on.

I've just used my refina spat to trowel up n it's gone in nicely guna wait another 10mins after this msg then use SP trowel in a couple of times.

Then a dry MT at end, wish me luck lol

Personally if someone called me up and says I'm looking to get some work done and I told them to prepare the walls with bondit they would prob say gtf . Plus the mess that stuff leaves I would 100% be just stick to using pva unless walls are really needing bondit on it for me it sounds crazy using that on every job but each to there own I suppose .

You must have shares in blue grit it must be costing u a fortune Ashley ,I think your trying to hard bud and it costing u time and money now

I charge by a day rate. And what I say is. You can paint it on or I can do it for you but if I charge by the day its going to cost you more as I'm not actually plastering. Very rarely I paint it myself as they want to save cash.

I'm going to start going back to pva then unless it's artex.

Give it two coats tho don't like doing one

All this apples the same going over bond it as it I'm struggling with blisters?

If its refurb work I'm guessing the walls need building out a bit to get them flat\flatter so thicker 1st coat and leave it a bit longer and you shouldn't get blistering. My preferred method is get the first coat spot on, let it get go off quite firm and then the second coats a breeze all with MT. But I've worked with other plasterers on their jobs, sites etc where its a case of follow the wall with a 1st coat, bed in with 2nd and then nela and again haven't had a prob with blistering so maybe try going on thicker or leaving it alone for longer.

How wet is it when you get the blistering? Maybe get a picture up.

Also given the option I'd stick with the PVA bud, doubt its gonna save the customer that much skimming time.

1st coat it flatten it .....only 2nd coat when the blisters have flatened down and the gear has set a bit more.

Keep away from it for as long as poss. Between trowles.

I hate that sandy gritty s**t.
Donkey 1st coat ....tight tight 2nd coat.

Ive skimmed walls with a 4 hour setting time with the grit.....blisters greasy middle of winter.....suicidle !!

Bloody love my new s*p*r*lex makes life easier and sweet results

Attachments

• 1434900104877.jpg
    1434900104877.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 394
Status
Not open for further replies.