s*p*r*lex..... What does a super flex actually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a miracle tool,it will turn any dole dosser into a highly skilled plasterer the first time they use it!!just hold the handle,aim it at the pink stuff and away you go. Easy as that!! Don't tell everyone though try to keep it on the low;)

basically mate cos its a thinner blade than normal its less effort to trowel with also closes the finish in quicker than a normal trowel but you got to know how to use it

Yawn!! You dont need a instruction manual just use ya noggin!

Is Ya Noggin another way of describing a trowel like the handboard/hawk thing? Or is it another sheet metal supplier like refina/nela/MT etc.?

I've just bought into this refina lark, and can't see any improvements as yet still a lot of tinkering to do! The thing that I'm doing is leaving it as late as loss n then trowel up. The only thing I notice is its more forgiving in the elbows

Gives your more time also u can make more brews and start later on job n finish earlier !!!!

Gives your more time also u can make more brews and start later on job n finish earlier !!!!
So how would you use it? First n second coat applied then trowel up with the super flex as normal. Or do u trowel up 3 times and if it's still wet leave it as its good enough to paint. ?? Help please

First coat lay the second coat 3 trowels with 20min or do break/rest then a final trowel when set or just gone off? That's been enough for me for 10+years all with Marshalltown

So how would you use it? First n second coat applied then trowel up with the super flex as normal. Or do u trowel up 3 times and if it's still wet leave it as its good enough to paint. ?? Help please
How I use -first coat good base on any surface lay on 2nd I found I then can use s*p*r*lex with in a few minutes piece piss after enjoy don't forget yer brews

Why would you trowel it if it's wet?

You use the s*p*r*lex for the last two trowels, arguably later than you would the mt, for the next to last trowel at least

You should be able to trowel a few walls up with a s/f in 2 passes after a flatten firstly with a s/s trowel on 2nd coat ... Just about adapting your technique with a s/f and not getting giddy even though you can jump on gear really early if your neat layin on your 2nd coat ...

So what I have gathered is 1st and 2nd coat give it five mins then trowel with supaflex. Give it 20mins then another trowel n repeat process till finished or do you do it 3times at most with 2in rest In between?

It's ok saying give it 5 mins but how much have you got on? How long have you spent laying down, 10 mins or 40 mins? And if your relatively new to sf you should definitely be using mt for first trowel, (IMO always)
You won't get any more work done with a sf, it's just easier.

It's ok saying give it 5 mins but how much have you got on? How long have you spent laying down, 10 mins or 40 mins? And if your relatively new to sf you should definitely be using mt for first trowel, (IMO always)
You won't get any more work done with a sf, it's just easier.
For me I'm doing a job in morn I've got a easy gauge In the sense I have a 3x4m wall and a 2x4 ceiling to do, it's on blue grit too I think I will be leaving it longer then normal as it always blisters

it then I'm thinking if it's going to blister ignor it and trowel up as normal but then at end tilt edge of blade more so it scrapes the bumps away the polish of at end?

it then I'm thinking if it's going to blister ignor it and trowel up as normal but then at end tilt edge of blade more so it scrapes the bumps away the polish of at end?

You'll only get rid of blisters when your set has nearly gone with a hard towel and some water .... only time ive seen it blister on blue grit is when its not applied thick enough ...

......and I forgot to say no a s*p*r*lex blade open wont get rid of blisters of bumps ... its for using on gear earlier imo .... it'll only glide over any ridges like a plaziflex does and your using them too late if that's the case .

Yea that's fine good advice. Can't do it today with the blue grit as its already been applyd. But will trowel up with SP and if it's blistering back end of set will open blade up with my MT. Cheers hopefully from now on I can crack this with the blue grit.

Yea that's fine good advice. Can't do it today with the blue grit as its already been applyd. But will trowel up with SP and if it's blistering back end of set will open blade up with my MT. Cheers hopefully from now on I can crack this with the blue grit.
How come u r using blue grit all the time r the walls that bad ??
What r u working on old domestic houses lath/plas ceilings etc

Status
Not open for further replies.