s*p*r*lex: Nela or Refina???

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arelewis

Firstly - SORRY! I'm guessing I should probably start off by apologising just in case this one has already been done-to-death but I'm new to the forum so please forgive me.

I'd like to invest in a s*p*r*lex trowel and originally liked the look of the Nela but have been told that the build quality isn't that great on them and that the blade can delaminate and break free from the handle's mounting plate. I haven't heard anything negative about the Refina version though and have also had a chance to try one of these out.

I realise personal preference comes in to play but any thoughts/advise on this will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Rich

Firstly - SORRY! I'm guessing I should probably start off by apologising just in case this one has already been done-to-death but I'm new to the forum so please forgive me.

I'd like to invest in a s*p*r*lex trowel and originally liked the look of the Nela but have been told that the build quality isn't that great on them and that the blade can delaminate and break free from the handle's mounting plate. I haven't heard anything negative about the Refina version though and have also had a chance to try one of these out.

I realise personal preference comes in to play but any thoughts/advise on this will be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Rich
Cant comment on refinas, have a s*p*r*lex but the finish is debatable with it.
This topic is a minefield.
I can c past my mt.

Hmmm, this may well just have to be a case of "suck it and see" (ooh errr missus). Just hate to throw money down the pan you know...

Sorry but, what do you mean by: "I can c past my MT" :D

Cheers,
Rich

Had a Refina16 inch for past eighteen months,nice trowel now it's broken in, Been trying the MT Duraflex 16 lately that's not bad either.just use them for last two passes, don't lay on with them

Cheers,
Rich

The NeLa s*p*r*lex has been redesigned and there have been no reported issues since the change.
It was only a small batch with the issues but NeLa reacted and sorted the problem very quickly.

Can't you just buy both and have a go..also there is loads of threads on them if you use the search bar top right

Hmmm, this may well just have to be a case of "suck it and see" (ooh errr missus). Just hate to throw money down the pan you know...

Sorry but, what do you mean by: "I can c past my MT" :D

Cheers,
Rich
Should be I can't c by marshaltown trowel.

On plasterboard work either a refina or nela medi flex will do but a reskim over pissed walls and ceilings!?? Stick to an old broken in trowel doesnt f**k**g matter what make its your old trowel etc if that makes sense

On plasterboard work either a refina or nela medi flex will do but a reskim over pissed walls and ceilings!?? Stick to an old broken in trowel doesnt f**k**g matter what make its your old trowel etc if that makes sense
Yeap! that make sense ;)

Stopped using my nela 20" the toe and the heel had bent up to much it only becomes a 10" and doesn't get the corners. Tried a 18" MT I've had in the vann for a year, a mate gave It me coz he didn't get on with it but he is a builder :) the problem with the nela is the shaft or shank is not long enough unlike the MT and takes forever to break in. I then finish with a 20" Refina that is broke in but the front rivet went a while ago. Refina don't do a 20" no more so will look at the 18", they were testing different ones a while back and sent me one with a longer shank but that was a few years ago.

Stopped using my nela 20" the tow and the heel at bent up to much so it only becomes a 10" and doesn't get the corners. Tries a 18" MT I've had int he can for a year, a mate gave. It me coz he didn't get on with it but he is a builder :) the problem with the nela is the shaft or shank is not long enough unlike the MT and takes forever to break in. I then finish with a 20" Refina that is broke in but the front rivet went a while ago. Refina don't do a 20" no more so will look at the 18", they were testing different ones a while back and sent me one with a longer shank but that was a few years ago.

Hi mate, your 20" is a bespoke NeLa designed for you mate. We don't do a shaft long enough for it so that's why that happens.

We are bringing out a 18" Premium soon with a new shaft which may suit you more. Happy to send it over if you want to try it. It will be the newer blade which won't need as much breaking in

Hi mate, your 20" is a bespoke NeLa designed for you mate. We don't do a shaft long enough for it so that's why that happens.

We are bringing out a 18" Premium soon with a new shaft which may suit you more. Happy to send it over if you want to try it. It will be the newer blade which won't need as much breaking in
Yeh fair enough, might be the problem it didn't get any sharper. I will try it when are you getting them in?

Yeh fair enough, might be the problem it didn't get any sharper. I will try it when are you getting them in?

Most probably is. It's part of the reason it was such a struggle getting it for you.

Due in over the next couple of week. We are also brining out another type of shaft for larger versions

Status
Not open for further replies.