s*p*r*lex 2

Refina or Nela?? The medi flex (Nela) is just like the origional Refina apart from handles. Very very good on board work :birra:

Nela s*p*r*lex mk2. I thought the black coating was to give extra protection? My first s*p*r*lex delaminated but that was apparently a bad batch. Other lads I work with have had mk2 quite a while and no sign of the black film lifting even when they are put in a bucket of water overnight.

Get a refina then or a medi flex (nela) no worries then pal. I found the nela superflexes far too flimsy but to be fair to @Plasterers1StopShop they introduced the medi flex its a great trowel but dont go for that cork handle crap !!!

Nela s*p*r*lex mk2. I thought the black coating was to give extra protection? My first s*p*r*lex delaminated but that was apparently a bad batch. Other lads I work with have had mk2 quite a while and no sign of the black film lifting even when they are put in a bucket of water overnight.
Well if it was for extra protection of the trowel during use, mines peeled off after a week.I took it as removable protecter for transportation.

Get a refina then or a medi flex (nela) no worries then pal. I found the nela superflexes far too flimsy but to be fair to @Plasterers1StopShop they introduced the medi flex its a great trowel but dont go for that cork handle crap !!!
I quite like the cork handle. This is my third Nela s*p*r*lex and really like them. Just thought the black coating would iron out the problem of water getting in. Its obviously there for that reason.

Don't just peel them off.... It's a protective film which is their to aid. If it comes off it can be swapped very easily
Whit, that maybe, mines came off after a week never considered swapping.
Just for reference you Google image s*p*r*lex and half the images of trowel have no film on them. confusing then is it not.

I quite like the cork handle. This is my third Nela s*p*r*lex and really like them. Just thought the black coating would iron out the problem of water getting in. Its obviously there for that reason.
Well looks like s*p*r*lex 2 has issues as well now.

Whit, that maybe, mines came off after a week never considered swapping.
Just for reference you Google image s*p*r*lex and half the images of trowel have no film on them. confusing then is it not.

Half of the images as the original SF didn't have the tape.. All the images for the SFII have the tape.

The problems are sorted mate. It may be something simple like the tape wasn't stuck down properly during manufacturing.

Happy to swap it mate

Last edited:
Just been looking through the forum to see if it has happened to anyone else, as this has happened to mine aswell! Only had it for about 6 weeks ish..

Attachments

• trowel 1.jpg
    trowel 1.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 355
  • trowel 3.jpg
    trowel 3.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 354
  • trowel 4.jpg
    trowel 4.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 340
  • trowel2.jpg
    trowel2.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 347
Just been looking through the forum to see if it has happened to anyone else, as this has happened to mine aswell! Only had it for about 6 weeks ish..

It's only the black tape, this won't cause an issue. If you want it replaced we can still do so.

Please call our office on 01242 236699

We will inspect the trowel first to see if the tape has lifted due to a bond error or down to misuse

Ive started thinking outside the box and now only use 1 trowel for the whole plastering process.........................please dont hate me............:wtf:.

Carbon steel is the future my brothers...................there should be only one.............:coffe:

Ive started thinking outside the box and now only use 1 trowel for the whole plastering process.........................please dont hate me............:wtf:.

Carbon steel is the future my brothers...................there should be only one.............:coffe:
:popcorn:

image.jpeg

Sure I saw a blue 600 speedskim at 37 seconds in Brother :birra:

The rubber handles aren't that hard wearing though, more comfortable but not as hard wearing? Mine fell apart.